FT Warehouse Seafood Packer - $12.79/hour - Plenty of OT
Company: Curtze Food Service
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Curtze Food Service, a 6th generation family owned company 140
years in business, is seeking highly motivated Warehouse Seafood
Packers to work out of Erie, PA location. Position requires,
lifting, stacking and the loading or unloading of product as well
as handeling fresh seafood. NO SEAFOOD ALLERGIES. $12.79/hr. This
position will work 45 - 50 hours per week with time and a half
after 40 hours.
Guranteed 40 hours per week. No lay off's in 140 year company
history. Family Owned Business.
- OUTSTANDING health insurance, eye plan, dental insurance,
short-term disability and $35,000 in life insurance ALL available
for ONLY $22/week for single coverage, $29/week for single +1
coverage or $34/week for family coverage.
- Eligible to participate in 401k on first paycheck with Company
match after 1 year of service.
- $75 per calendar year in safety shoe allowance
- Employee Discount on all products we offer to customers
- Paid Vacation/Holiday/Personal time offered
Sunday - 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday - 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - 12:00m - 12:00am
Friday - Off
Saturday - Off
Job Summary - Under the limited supervision of the Seafood
Operations Production Manager, the Seafood Packer is responsible
for three major functions: 1.) Accurate seafood selection, 2.)
Careful packing of seafood products and ice packaging, and 3.)
truck loading. Must be able to apply knowledge of driving,
stocking, picking and replenishing skills in maneuvering material
handling equipment at varying speeds in difficult situations: such
as heavy traffic, crowded conditions, wet or slippery floors, or
high heights. The Seafood Packer will perform a variety of
functions as required to maintain optimal workflow.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive printed seafood labels with information on item number,
location and product description from Seafood Production Operations
- Organize and review labels for manual adjustments made.
- Accurately select seafood items according to description on
labels using electrically powered pallet-jacks which pull carts
insuring proper "First In and First Out" (FIFO) procedures are
followed at all times.
- Apply label to each item for easy viewing by loader, checker or
- Transport loaded pallets to dock area for sequential loading on
- Pick correct items for the route you are assigned.
- Weigh and record catch weight as neccessary.
- Select and bag small items of produce.
- Fill in positions and areas as necessary.
- Restock returned items, mis-picked product and fill pick holes
- Perform daily inspection checks of machinery and charge
batteries on machines nightly, following all appropriate safety
- Accurately records pick times and complete incentive sheets as
- Responsible for daily housekeeping tasks as assigned and
cleaning as they work.
- Pass company-administered power material handling training
- Hazardous materials training for all products stored or used by
Curtze Food Service.
- Proper material handling (lifting) training.
- All safety meetings must be attended unless permission to be
absent is authorized by manager or supervisor.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work environment.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Report all accidents involving employee or company property and
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Equipment
- Demonstrates safe handling of equipment.
- Job entails a high degree of attention to prevent injury to
others as well as company property.
- High degree of attention to pick product accurately.
- Must have the ability to read, write English, and perform
simple mathematical calculations with general mental ability to
handle paperwork documentation related to job duties.
- Must be able to perform basic tasks on a computer terminal.
- Professional representation of the company through responsible
warehousing skills, professional appearance, and supervisor
customer service must be adhered to.
- Ability to work in a freezer / cooler environment.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to remain standing and/or walking for a minimum of
eight hours per day, five days per week.
- Must not have any known seafood or shellfish allergies.
- Must be able to walk on non-forgiving surfaces such as
concrete, wood, metal, and sometimes on slippery and wet
- Must be able to bend, twist, climb, and move about easily in
- Must be able to lift objects up to and including 90
- Must be able to perform frequent pulling and pushing of
products with or without the aid of material handling
- Must be able to frequently reach for and lift products at waist
level, above shoulder height, or below waist level.
- Must be able to load and unload full trailers of product
weighing as much as legal limits are applicable to the particular
- Must be able to work effectively in all temperature ranges and
subject to ambient weather conditions.
- All applicants hired must complete a strength assessment and
fall within the guidelines established for the position. --? This
job falls within the M/H - Medium/Heavy Work - exerting 51 to 75
pounds of force occasionally, and/or 31 to 45 pounds of force
frequently, and/or up to 16 to 23 pounds of force constantly to
move objects. --? In order to be eligible for employment, applicant
assessment results must meet the minimum BIS Range of 201-225.
Keywords: Curtze Food Service, Erie , FT Warehouse Seafood Packer - $12.79/hour - Plenty of OT, Professions , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!