Posted on: May 17, 2019
Electrical Engineer - Lake City, Pennsylvania
Summary: Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of electrical
components, equipment, and machinery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other
duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and testing all
electrical components, equipment, and machinery.
- Responsible for increasing efficiencies, production quality,
- May provide consultation on manufacturing and processing
- Analyze and reduce scrap increasing efficiencies.
- Details drawings and coordinates building of prototype product
- Responsible for writing and implementing required maintenance
procedures, and performing actual maintenance as required.
- Performs a variety of tasks utilizing electrical engineering
concepts, practices and procedures.
- Resolves problems related to assigned projects by working with
vendor, customers, shop personnel, and others as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES Requires knowledge typically
- Completion of a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering from
a four year college or university
- Three to seven years related experience or training, and / or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience developing power supplies, buck/boost converters,
- Experience in the use of design tools such as Altium Designer,
Circuit Simulators, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and LabView
- Ability to develop and read electrical schematics
- Experience with embedded systems and Ansi C is a plus
- Experience with Linux and embedded real time operating systems
is a plus
- Experience with ARM processors and PC/104 bus is a plus
- Experience with test equipment automation (GPIB, RS-232,
Modbus, Ethernet, USB) is a plus
- Must be able to take direction, plan, and complete projects
with minimal supervision
- Ability to generate reports based on simulation and empirical
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate
the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and
- Analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions
observes results and makes corrections ITAR COMPLIANCE This
position requires access to or use of information which is subject
to the federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
All applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons within the
meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines "U.S. Person" as U.S. citizen, lawful
permanent resident of the U.S., person admitted as a refugee to the
U.S., person granted asylum in the U.S., or person granted the
status of alien lawfully admitted for temporary residence to the
U.S. under 8 U.S.C. --1160(a) (for special agricultural workers) or
8 U.S.C. --1255(a)(1) (an amnesty program).
[Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability/Vet]
[Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability/Vet]
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below and
select the Submit button.
Please read the following statements carefully:
- I understand that in accepting this application, AirBorn is in
no way obligated to provide me with employment and that I am not
obligated to accept employment if offered.
- I certify that all answers to questions in this application are
true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that
any falsified statements on this application or omission of fact on
either this application or during the pre-employment process may
result in my application being rejected, or, if I am hired, in my
employment being terminated. Furthermore, I voluntarily give the
company permission to investigate all statements contained in this
application. I further release from all liability or
responsibility, persons or companies conducting or responding to
- If employed by AirBorn, Inc., I will comply with all rules,
regulations, policies and procedures of the company. I understand
that if hired, my employment will be "at will". I will remain free
to resign my employment at any time. AirBorn may likewise terminate
my employment at any time with or without cause or notice, unless
there is a written contract to the contrary signed by an officer of
the company and me.
- I understand that I may be required to work overtime which
would include hours and days not regularly scheduled.
- I understand that signing a confidentiality and/or non-compete
agreement may be a condition of employment.
- I also understand that any offer of employment is conditioned
on the completion of pre-employment tests, background checks and
verification of documentation. I will, upon request, sign all
necessary consent forms. This company prepares affirmative action
plans that cover females, minorities, protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities. This survey is meant to help the
company fulfill various objectives of these affirmative action
PLEASE NOTE : You are not required to complete any part of this
form. The decision not to complete this form will not affect any
opportunity for employment or any benefits with the company. Any
information you provide in this survey will be kept confidential
and will not be used in any way that may adversely affect your
employment with this company.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION RELATED DATA (Please check appropriate boxes) IF
you checked "Not Hispanic" above, please check one or more of the
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected
veterans listed below, please indicate by checking the appropriate
box. As a government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the
Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. 4212 (VEVRAA), we request
this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the
outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to
Protected Veteran Categories:
Disabled Veteran - A disabled veteran is one of the following: (a)
a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is
entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military
retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws
administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs or (b) a person
who was discharged or released from active duty because of a
service connected disability.
Recently Separated Veteran - A recently separated veteran is a
veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such
veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S.
military, ground, naval, or air service.
Active Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veteran - An active duty wartime
or campaign badge veteran is a veteran who served on active duty in
the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in
a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been
authorized under the laws administered by the Department of
Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran - An armed forces service medal
veteran is a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S.
military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United
States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal
was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985. Why are you being
asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to,
hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with
disabilities. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are
asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a
disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you
will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any
answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against
you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against
you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time,
we are required to ask all of our employees to update their
information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as
having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment
because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.
How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or
mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a
major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an
impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Cerebral palsy
- Major depression
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
- Muscular dystrophy
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation
to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you
require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform
your job..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: AirBorn, Erie , Electrical Engineer, Professions , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!