Plant Maintenance Mechanic
Posted on: May 17, 2019
Plant Maintenance Mechanic - Lake City, PA SUMMARY: Performs
painting, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, landscaping, and
compressed air system work to maintain the physical plant and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other
duties may be assigned.
- Services and repairs electrical, plumbing, hydraulic, and
- Responsible for overall upkeep of facility and grounds.
- Troubleshoots facilities related malfunctions and makes
necessary repairs and changes.
- As appropriate, researches the cost of new technology for
upgrades and makes recommendation to supervisor.
- Performs electrical and hydraulic repairs on machines in
- Installs new equipment; moves and reinstalls existing
- Assists in planning and coordinating of moving and remodeling
- Performs painting, carpentry, electrical and other duties
related to those projects.
- Informs supervisor of persistent or major facilities
- Completes purchase requisitions and maintains a spare parts
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Diagnoses failure to meet tolerances and makes appropriate
adjustments or recommendations.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or
- Performs periodic preventative maintenance including cleaning
and lubricating machinery.
- Maintains machine history records.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers
and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and
related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces
gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Installs, programs, troubleshoots and repairs automated
machinery and equipment such as programmable controllers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES Requires knowledge typically
- Completion of an Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a
two-year vocational or technical school,
- A minimum of one to three years related experience or training;
and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journeyman's license required for higher grades.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical problems.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. AirBorn, Inc. is an
ITAR COMPLIANCE This position requires access to or use of
information which is subject to the federal International Traffic
in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants for this position must
be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines "U.S.
Person" as U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S.,
person admitted as a refugee to the U.S., person granted asylum in
the U.S., or person granted the status of alien lawfully admitted
for temporary residence to the U.S. under 8 U.S.C. --1160(a) (for
special agricultural workers) or 8 U.S.C. --1255(a)(1) (an amnesty
[Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability/Vet]
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below and
select the Submit button.
Please read the following statements carefully:
- I understand that in accepting this application, AirBorn is in
no way obligated to provide me with employment and that I am not
obligated to accept employment if offered.
- I certify that all answers to questions in this application are
true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that
any falsified statements on this application or omission of fact on
either this application or during the pre-employment process may
result in my application being rejected, or, if I am hired, in my
employment being terminated. Furthermore, I voluntarily give the
company permission to investigate all statements contained in this
application. I further release from all liability or
responsibility, persons or companies conducting or responding to
- If employed by AirBorn, Inc., I will comply with all rules,
regulations, policies and procedures of the company. I understand
that if hired, my employment will be "at will". I will remain free
to resign my employment at any time. AirBorn may likewise terminate
my employment at any time with or without cause or notice, unless
there is a written contract to the contrary signed by an officer of
the company and me.
- I understand that I may be required to work overtime which
would include hours and days not regularly scheduled.
- I understand that signing a confidentiality and/or non-compete
agreement may be a condition of employment.
- I also understand that any offer of employment is conditioned
on the completion of pre-employment tests, background checks and
verification of documentation. I will, upon request, sign all
necessary consent forms. This company prepares affirmative action
plans that cover females, minorities, protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities. This survey is meant to help the
company fulfill various objectives of these affirmative action
PLEASE NOTE : You are not required to complete any part of this
form. The decision not to complete this form will not affect any
opportunity for employment or any benefits with the company. Any
information you provide in this survey will be kept confidential
and will not be used in any way that may adversely affect your
employment with this company.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION RELATED DATA (Please check appropriate boxes) IF
you checked "Not Hispanic" above, please check one or more of the
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected
veterans listed below, please indicate by checking the appropriate
box. As a government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the
Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. 4212 (VEVRAA), we request
this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the
outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to
Protected Veteran Categories:
Disabled Veteran - A disabled veteran is one of the following: (a)
a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is
entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military
retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws
administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs or (b) a person
who was discharged or released from active duty because of a
service connected disability.
Recently Separated Veteran - A recently separated veteran is a
veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such
veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S.
military, ground, naval, or air service.
Active Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veteran - An active duty wartime
or campaign badge veteran is a veteran who served on active duty in
the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in
a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been
authorized under the laws administered by the Department of
Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran - An armed forces service medal
veteran is a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S.
military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United
States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal
was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985. Why are you being
asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to,
hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with
disabilities. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are
asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a
disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you
will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any
answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against
you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against
you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time,
we are required to ask all of our employees to update their
information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as
having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment
because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.
How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or
mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a
major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an
impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
Keywords: AirBorn, Erie , Plant Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!