Company: FirstEnergy Corp.
Posted on: May 25, 2023
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers' lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with Penelec, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp in the Erie Service Center.
The duties of the job are as follows:
1. Relay Technicians shall receive formal and on-the-job training necessary to qualify for advancement to Relay Technician Advanced classification.
2. Installs, replaces, services, tests, adjusts, and repairs all types of electrical, electromechanical, electronic, microprocessor, and computerized devices, testing apparatus, instruments, control and protective relays, electrical system switchgear controls and other control equipment and circuitry used throughout the Penelec system under guidance as a learning employee.
3. Assists in preparation of written procedures required for coordinating controls equipment additions or modifications and energizing new or modified substation equipment in non-EHV facilities.
4. Becomes familiar with system reliability standards as implemented by FE to address compliance with PAPUC, FERC, NERC, PJM, RFC and similar governing bodies.
5. With direction, performs tests such as ratio, polarity, phase angles, insulation resistance on various electrical equipment.
6. With direction, proves control wiring in connection with the installation of relays, instruments, and control equipment, comparing schematics, wiring diagrams and instruction books for correspondence to determine that equipment meets design requirements and practical operating requirements.
7. With direction, performs the appropriate tests and checks on current, potential, and power circuits in new installations before circuits are energized.
8. With direction, prepares the required records, reports, drawings, or other data after the completion of new equipment checkout and installation.
9. With direction, prepares the required records and reports for equipment inspection, testing and troubleshooting.
10. With direction, maintains substation equipment, exclusive of SCADA equipment, and networks to ensure reliable data availability to FE System Operators and other independent system operators.
11. On occasion performs the duties within their qualifications of an EEC&M-A or lower classification.
The individual awarded this position will be given a period of time not to exceed four (4) months to establish a residence within a reasonable response time of 40 minutes from the Erie Service Center in Erie, Pennsylvania.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
FirstEnergy at a Glance
Keywords: FirstEnergy Corp., Erie , Relay Technician, Professions , Erie, Pennsylvania
here to apply!