Food Production Technician
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Job Summary$1000 New Hire Bonus!
Fresh Foods Manufacturing is continuing to expand operations and
immediately hiring new Food Production Technicians to join the
Full time Team Members enjoy:
4-day work week
Several shifts available to fit your schedule
Paid time off
Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Now offering transportation from South Hills neighborhoods Baldwin,
Whitehall, Brentwood, Carrick, and Crafton! Ask Recruiter details
for route stop points close to your home.
The Production Technician is involved in production of all products
created in the soup production room. The technician is directly
responsible for the product production, quality and adherence to
food safety policies and procedures.Job Description
- Experience Desired But Not Required: 1 to 3 years; 2 - 3 years
cooking/catering or large volume batch cooking experience.
- Experience Desired But Not Required: Experience in batching and
scaling recipes, Mechanical and technical aptitude, experience with
culturally diverse teams
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Preferred But Not Required: Food
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Prepare ready to eat sandwiches and salads on conveyor belt
assembly lines in a cold room environment (35-38 degrees).
- Inspect food ingredients and food preparation equipment through
physical, mechanical and visual inspection to maintain quality
standards and sanitation regulations.
- Perform day-to-day activities including cooking, scaling,
pumping, packaging and sanitation.
- Maintain accurate production records, HACCP and QA
documentation to ensure that all meet the federal, state, county
and company requirements.
- Control quality and production costs through strict adherence
to recipes and production procedures monitoring waste and loss, and
improved work efficiencies.
- Coordinate and perform equipment and plant sanitation, as
- Inspect and evaluate equipment requirements to ensure
efficiency and safety.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by ensuring that
all food safety, food holding, temperature, Giant Eagle and OSHA
standards are met.Starting Rate of Pay$16.00About UsAt Giant Eagle
Inc., were more than just food, fuel and convenience. Were one
giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are
the heart and soul of our company. Its why we strive to create a
nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to
grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of
the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland,
Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGos,
our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are
working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on
their faces. Were always searching for the best Team Members to
welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle
family. Come start a lasting career with us.Required
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Erie , Food Production Technician, Professions , Cranberry, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!