Electrical Integration Systems Engineer
Company: Wabtec Corporation
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Role Summary/Purpose:The engineer will be involved in the design
of the Electrical system for Locomotives including point to point
wiring, schematics, and packaging. You will be working on Latest
Technology, high business impact, Global Projects that give
exposure to working with senior technologists & leaders. You will
be demonstrating strong Technical skills to meet business critical
needs and by following robust Wabtec Business & Engineering
processes. Essential Responsibilities:
- Track and execute, with guidance from senior engineering
resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to
define and support assigned components, assemblies, or systems that
meet business standards and program / product requirements.
- Demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals,
programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this
role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve
problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and
have the ability to affect short-term and some long-term business
- Support manufacturing by researching issues, interacting with
the shop floor, and ensuring communication of the resolution to
- Responsibilities to include development of concept design,
detailed design and design analysis for locomotive wiring
schematics, point to point information, and wirelists. In addition,
mechanical routing and review of packaging of power cabling,
control and network wiring, conduits and different electrical
components on various locomotive projects will also be required.
Also, the development of 3D wiring and reviews will be
- Ownership of stated technical / safety / cost / reliability /
performance requirements for schematic and wirelists plus inputs to
mechanical routing and packaging design.
- Interactions will include engineering sub-system teams; systems
engineering; drafting team and manufacturing across the global
- Complete design work and design analysis as required to meet
- Write drawing change requests and interface with drafting team
for layouts, detail design, drawings and change
- Review and approve designs developed by Wabtec designers &
detailed drawings completed by drafting.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned
projects using sound engineering principles.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or
- Participate as presenter in Tollgate 500 level technical design
- Closure of assigned action items from Tollgate 500 level
technical design reviews.Qualifications/Requirements
- 0-3 years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree of Science in Engineering, preferably
- Understanding and working experience on electrical schematics
and wire list.
- Knowledge of tools like Wilmor, Oracle, NX, MS Office
- Understanding of Engineering drawings and manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal skills, good written and oral
communication skills.Desired Characteristics
- Familiarity with design, test, and analysis tools and
- Experience on UG NX Electrical Routing Module.
- PC proficiency
Keywords: Wabtec Corporation, Erie , Electrical Integration Systems Engineer, Professions , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!