Electrical Apprentice & Laborer
Company: Arrow Electric
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $14-$18/hourRole and ResponsibilitiesThe
apprentice/laborer will learn the trade by doing the work under the
watchful eyes of skilled and experienced Journeymen. The variety of
work expected to perform, and the weather and other conditions to
perform it, are almost limitless. Duties may include:
- Perform wire pulls through conduits and through holes in walls
and floors with minimal supervision.
- Begin to read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and
electrical code specifications to plan wiring layouts.
- Learn how to use wire cutters, screwdrivers, saws, electrical
testing devices and other tools as needed and necessary.
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring
instruments and hand tools.
- Trace out short circuits in wiring, using test meter.
- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers,
and attach wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
- Examine electrical units for loose connections and broken
insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools.
- Construct controllers and panels, using power drills, drill
presses, taps, saws and punches.
- Drill holes and pull or push wiring through openings, using
hand and power tools.
- Clean work area and wash parts.
- Maintain tools, vehicles, and equipment and keep parts and
supplies in order.
- Disassemble defective electrical equipment, replace defective
or worn parts, and reassemble equipment, using hand tools.
- Erect electrical system components and barricades, and rig
scaffolds, hoists, and shoring.
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to
the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of
electrical systems and equipment.
- Dig trenches or holes for installation of conduit or
- Raise, lower, or position equipment, tools, and materials,
using hoist, hand line, or block and tackle.
- Establish and maintain a team work environment with others;
appropriate interaction with external customers or the public.
- Other additional related tasks and duties as
needed.Qualifications and Education RequirementsHigh school diploma
or equivalent; On-the-job training; Must have interest in
Apprenticeship Program to further education in fieldWork
EnvironmentThis job operates in a field environment. Electricians
may be involved in construction or maintenance usually work a
40-hour, five-day week plus overtime when required. Working
conditions can change dramatically from one job to another, varying
from indoors in clean conditions to outdoors on scaffolding, and to
confined and restricted locations. May require working in extremely
bright or inadequate lighting conditions; exposure to contaminants
and exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or
uncomfortable.Physical DemandsThis is largely an active role.
Performing physical activities that require considerable use of
your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing,
lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials;
Requires repetitive movement; climbing ladders, scaffolds, or
poles; standing, walking and running; using hands to handle,
control, or feel objects, tools or controls; and bending or
twisting. Preferred SkillsOSHA 10, First Aid/CPR/AED, Arc
FlashAttention To Detail, Technical Management, Electronics
Troubleshooting, Quality Focus, Ability to use Electronic Mail,
Resource and Time Management, Knowledgeable in Materials, Methods
and Tools.Additional NotesArrow Electric Inc. is an equal
opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the
decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based
on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status,
age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status,
or any other status protected under federal, state, or local
Keywords: Arrow Electric, Erie , Electrical Apprentice & Laborer, Professions , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!