Location: North East
Posted on: January 15, 2022
When people think of Welch's, they think of our great tasting juice
and jelly and a trusted, iconic brand. People also think we are a
big company. We're not. We're a co-operative, owned by the family
farmers who grow our delicious and nutritious grapes. Our work
allows our farmers to maintain an agricultural way of life, send
their children to college, and hand their farm down to the next
generation as was done for almost 150 years.
At Welch's you'll find people who are genuine and talented, and a
collaborative community. We think like farmers - we're agile, we're
resilient, and we're passionate about our grapes and our brand.
We're real and honest people with a shared purpose. And we're
building a team that's playing to win and daring to try new
Operates manufacturing equipment to produce high quality food and
beverage products in a safe and effective manner. Produces
documentation to verify safety, quality and production standards
are met. Moves, organizes and stages ingredients, work in process
and finished goods.
* Operates equipment in order to achieve department objectives.
* Observes operations and assures that schedules are being met and
that quality standards are maintained. Submits reports summarizing
daily production operations.
* Inspects and tests production line set-ups to insure proper
operation of all equipment. Requests maintenance to equipment as
* Checks production equipment daily to determine that it has been
cleaned properly. Responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of
production facilities. Maintains acceptable levels of housekeeping
and sanitation within department.
* Responsible for adherence to the Plant Safety Program and safety
* Assures that adequate quantities of production supplies and
ingredients are available to meet current and planned production
* Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
* Willing and able to work various shifts in a 24x7 operation.
* Working conditions require moderate to frequent lifting up to 50
* Working condition will be hot/cold environments, inside/outside
working conditions, with exposure to cleaning solutions.
* A High School diploma or equivalent, with a 2-year college degree
or technical training certificate strongly preferred
* Above average level of mechanical aptitude strongly preferred
* Minimum of one year of experience in a food and beverage
manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
* Must be able to climb stairs, work at elevated levels and wear
all required personal protective equipment.
* Solid record of safety and continuous improvement in an
Welch's is Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Keywords: Welch's, Erie , Production Operator, Professions , North East, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!