HR Generalist II
Posted on: October 9, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY The Human Resource Generalist promotes and
supports positive, pro-active employee relations by providing and
initiating a variety of employee services, activities and
communication vehicles. Provides the employees and management team
with valuable feedback through daily interactions, counseling,
coaching, and reporting various personnel actions. Supports the
supervisory and management team in all functional areas of HR
including employee relations, staffing, payroll, compensation and
benefits, performance management, training, FMLA administration,
regulatory compliance and labor relations to ensure the operating
units goals and objectives are achieved. The HR Generalist is
relied upon to understand business goals and interpret ambiguous
situations while consistently applying company policy and good
judgment. At the same time, the HR Generalist must consider the
legal impact of decisions and minimize the potential negative
* Strategic business partner for leadership team.
* HR support for the Labor Union employees.
* Provides an "open door" policy for employees to communicate work
* Counsels employees and maintains positive employee relations.
* Issues are recognized and addressed at early stages, with
appropriate level of management intervention.
* Monitors employee satisfaction and attrition levels and assists
developing strategies and employee centered programs and activities
to improve employee engagement and retention.
* Line management equipped with appropriate skills and tools to
consistently apply company policies and enable open communication
and employee satisfaction.
* Employees provided with tools and information that foster open
communication and employee satisfaction.
* The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for supporting HR
related initiatives at the site including but not limited to:
coaching, leadership development, training, HR process deployment
(performance ownership, performance improvement plans,
compensation/benefits etc), payroll administration, etc.
* Coaching/mentoring associates at all levels of the
* Support processes for business group such as performance
ownership, compensation planning, staffing, disciplinary issues,
community involvement, and associate relations.
* Support HR Leader in ensuring all associates are trained in the
performance management system.
* Annual performance review process effectively implemented and
* Assist HR Leader in ensuring that Supervisors and Managers are
provided with guidance and tools to effectively deal with associate
performance related issues.
* Coordinate staffing and recruiting activities across the plant
for multiple functions partnering with theTalent Acquisition
* Candidate sourcing and interviewing for non-exempt or exempt
regular and temporary positions conducted in a cost effective and
timely manner in collaboration with line management.
* Responsible for performing HR portions of New Associate
Orientation and communicating New Associate information to other
departments within the business unit.
* Work with the HR Leader to ensure compliance, and claim response
in coordination with Legal for EEOC, FMLA, Code of Conduct,
Discrimination, Harassment and other legal/policy issues
* Ensure record retention guidelines are met in accordance with
state and federal law as well as industry guidelines.
* Add value to administrative process by recommending policy
enhancements and streamlining procedures as opposed to maintaining
* Support HR Leader for organization assessment and upgrading
talent through strategic staffing and developing pipeline
* Implements short/long term HR initiatives in support of the
business strategic objectives.
* Applies a comprehensive knowledge of human resource disciplines,
principles, and practices towards the completion of complex
* Proactively promotes and maintains a positive work environment
and drives total associate engagement
* Drive organizational development activities that align with
Rexnord Business Systems
* Benefits program is communicated in effective manner and
understood by associates, ensure associates are referred to Third
Party Agencies where appropriate, encourage use of online tools and
* Participate in facilitation of Rexnords annual open
* New hires, associate changes in status and benefits changes are
processed in a timely manner with minimal errors.
* Administer weekly payroll processes for union employees, ensure
payroll data is entered and processed in a timely manner with
* Ensure that pay and promotion decisions are tied to performance
with consideration of internal equity.
* Action Oriented Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges
with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
* Customer Focus Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
* Instills Trust Gaining the confidence and trust of others through
honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
* Optimizes Work Processes Knowing the most effective and efficient
processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous
* Self-Development Actively seeking new ways to grow and be
challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIRED
* Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Communications, Business or
related field required
* 3 years progressive Human Resources Generalist experience
* Experience supporting in a Labor Union environment a plus.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
* Strong organization and communication skills, ability to
multi-task while paying attention to detail and working in a high
volume, fast paced environment.
* Individual must demonstrate integrity, flexibility, sound
judgment, and strong intuitive skills.
* Demonstrated professional success in FMLA administration,
benefits administration, payroll administration, recruitment and
* Possess a continuous improvement mindset
* Must have a solid background in core HR processes
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to manage multiple project assignments and coordinate
activities to meet specific deadlines
* Ability to work across organizational boundaries.
Rexnord is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global
industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a
diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is
headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs
approximately 8,000 associates worldwide. For more information
about the company visit www.rexnordcorp.com.
Our Process & Motion Control platform designs, manufactures,
markets and services highly engineered mechanical components that
help customers increase productivity and prevent downtime. Rexnord
aerospace products can be found throughout aircraft from the engine
to the landing gear. Our Water Management platform offers water
solutions that help protect human health and the environment.
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord
Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class
operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables
speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer
satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS
methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing,
globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating
acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more
than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our
Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years
ago. We make
Keywords: Rexnord, Erie , HR Generalist II, Other , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!