Meat Cutter / Butcher - Nights $19.87/hr - Erie
Company: Curtze Food Service
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Curtze Food Service, a 6th generation family owned company 140
years in business, is seeking highly motivated Journeyman Meat
Cutter to work nights out of Erie, PA location.No lay off's in 140
year company history. Family Owned Business.
- OUTSTANDING health insurance, eye plan, dental insurance,
short-term disability and $25,000 in life insurance.
- Eligible to participate in 401k on first paycheck with Company
match after 1 year of service.
- $75 per calendar year in safety shoe allowance
- Employee Discount on all products we offer to customers
- Paid Vacation/Holiday/Personal time offeredJob Summary - Under
the supervision of the Specialty Steak Services Plant Manager, the
Meat Cutter is responsible for efficiently cutting and processing
the complete variety of meat products to achieve maximum yield
according to company standards in our USDA Inspected
Facility.Department: Specialty Steak ServiceFLSA Status:
Non-ExemptDuties and Responsibilities:
- Process, cut, trim and label meat and meat products according
to company standards
- Control quality of product to conform to company standards
- Inspect meat products to ensure meat quality
- Operate saws, knives, cuber and additional equipment as
- Maintain proper sanitary conditions, to include: cleaning and
sanitizing of all work services, utensils and equipment
- Conform to all relevant USDA standards as they apply to the
- Fill in positions and areas as necessary.
- Perform daily inspection checks of machinery, following all
appropriate safety procedures.
- Hazardous materials training for all products stored or used by
Curtze Food Service.
- Proper material handling (lifting) training.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work environment.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Report all accidents involving employee or company property and
equipment.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Equipment
- Demonstrates safe handling of equipment.
- Job entails a high degree of attention to prevent injury to
others as well as company property.
- Must have the ability to read, write English, and perform
simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work in a freezer / cooler environment.Education and
- 2-3 years experience as a Journeyman Meat Cutter
- High school diploma or equivalent required.Physical
- Must be able to remain standing and/or walking for a minimum of
eight hours per day, five days per week.
- Must be able to walk on non-forgiving surfaces such as
concrete, wood, metal, and sometimes on slippery and wet
- Must be able to bend, twist, climb, and move about easily in
- Must be able to lift objects up to and including 60
- Must be able to perform frequent pulling and pushing of
products with or without the aid of material handling
- Must be able to frequently reach for and lift products at waist
level, above shoulder height, or below waist level.
- Must be able to work effectively in refrigerated/cooler
Keywords: Curtze Food Service, Erie , Meat Cutter / Butcher - Nights $19.87/hr - Erie, Other , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!