QA Engineer 3
Company: Comcast Corporation
Posted on: February 6, 2024
Effectv, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps
local, regional and national advertisers use the best of digital
with the power of TV to grow their business. It provides
multi-screen marketing solutions to make advertising campaigns more
effective and easier to execute. Headquartered in New York with
offices throughout the country, Effectv has a presence in 66
markets with nearly 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
We're dedicated to helping our clients meet their business goals by
connecting them with their customers through multiscreen television
advertising. Working with companies from local startups to
nationwide corporations, we provide support to help each business
reach its target customers. By applying data to television
advertising in new ways, we're able to bring our clients the best
of digital media, coupled with the power of TV. To learn more,
check out www.effectv.com.Job SummaryEffectv Engineering Group
helps drive the new generation of products that are transforming
Comcast into a media and technology company. Engineering manages
the operations for Comcast's industry-leading video, high-speed
Internet and voice services for consumers and businesses, and runs
a network that supports numerous multi-billion-dollar businesses.
Comcast is creating next-generation technology for the fast-growing
advanced advertising market. We enable and innovate solutions to
support both traditional and emerging programmatic and premium
advertising markets through our platforms, data, marketplace and
Our team is seeking a QA Engineer passionate about optimizing
development and testing lifecycle via tools and process automation.
Responsible for programmatically testing the product, measuring
test coverage, developing the best automation, drive testability
and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best
practices in quality areas. Build test software to expose defects
in pre-production code and production level code as well as defects
at the component and feature integration perspective. Define test
plans, test specifications, test suites, test cases as well as
design tools for unit, functional and performance testing in a
programmatic manner.Job DescriptionRequirements: -
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related
engineering/technical discipline -
- Overall requires 5 - 7+ years related IT experience. -
- 3+ years' QA experience in an IT environment with formal test
tools and common software quality standards - -
- Experience with SDLC (software development life cycle) -
- Experience with testing Large integrated systems and
enterprise-level applications or Migration initiative, enterprise
API's, MuleSoft, SAP, Salesforce etc.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum methodologies. - -
- Understanding of QA processes, practices, and systems. - -
- Experience executing and coordinating integration, system,
regression, and user-acceptance testing. - -
- Demonstrated ability to work on concurrent projects,
activities, and tasks under time constraints. - -
- Demonstrated ability to work in team-based environments. -
- Experience performing API testing. - -
- Experience in integrating and running automation suites with
CI/CD tools such as Jenkins. -
- Experience in ETL testing by creating views like SQL views,
Table Pairs etc., and validating data sources. - -
- Experience in building complex SQL, PL/SQL queries to validate
data in the data warehouse. -
- Experience in REST APIs/ web services using SOAP UI, POSTMAN,
SWAGGER, WINSCP, PUTTY, GEMS, XML Spy tools.
- Experience in automating applications using Selenium, Cucumber,
Gherkin, Junit and Python
- Experience using Confluence Team Collaboration software a plus.
- Knowledge of Video/Media platform technology a plus. - -
- Experience testing applications built in Angular web
application framework a plus. ---Core Responsibilities -
- Writes and executes tests to validate products and software
- Contributes as a valuable team member in Large Enterprise-Wide
- Contributes to the development of Quality Assurance test
philosophies and methodologies. Identifies viable test strategies
to support testing product functionality. -
- Collaborates with product and development teams to identify
product and technical requirements. -
- Reviews and verifies requirements and design specifications for
validity in overall product design, with an emphasis towards
product testability and verification. -
- Ensures proper execution of regression test procedures and
automated test suites and scripts. Participates in design, code and
functional product reviews. -
- Works with other Quality Assurance Engineers or Software
Engineers to identify, reproduce and document bugs or defects.
- Assists in providing guidance and mentorship for junior-level
Quality Assurance Engineers. Provides technical leadership and
consultation with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Supports trials of new infrastructure designs/services. -
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance. -
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. -
- Must be able to work Eastern Standard Hours. - -Employees at
all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by
applicable law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair
Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance.EducationBachelor's DegreeWhile possessing the
stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants
who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have
extensive related professional experience.Relevant Work
Experience5-7 YearsSalary:National Pay Range: $61,693.44
USD-$144,594.00 USDComcast intends to offer the selected candidate
base pay within this range, dependent on job-related,
non-discriminatory factors such as experience. The application
window is 30 days from the date job is posted, unless the number of
applicants requires it to close sooner or later.Base pay is one
part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and
recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are
eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan,
while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus.
Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe
that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it
matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most.
That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and
always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your
reality - to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast Corporation, Erie , QA Engineer 3, Other , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!