Company: Farmers National
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Description Responsible for providing superior customer service
to clients by processing transactions, recognizing client needs and
recommending the appropriate product and/or service. Open, maintain
and close all types of transactions and deposit accounts in an
efficient manner. Direct the daily work of all tellers within the
office and ensure orderly operations of teller staff and the vault.
Generate referrals as well as coach tellers on sales and referral
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited
to the following:
- Strong knowledge of all bank products and services, to include
features and benefits.Present various options and suggestions that
best fit the needs of each client.
- Participate in bank's referral and sales programs, sales
campaigns, and sales training in order to meet specific goal
expectations on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or yearly
- Coordinate daily with Branch Manager regarding sales and
- Coach tellers to meet their daily sales referral goals and
provide excellent customer service.
- Prepare necessary documents to open new accounts and maintain
accounts based on client's specific needs.
- Assist clients with loan-related questions and processes.
Prepare loan clients for what to expect during the loan application
process and uncover opportunities for further exploration.
- Prepare contracts; renew IRA Certificates and all related IRA
- Open, redeem, and calculate interest on Certificates of
- Assist customers with Safe Deposit Box rentals in accordance
with the FNB Safe Deposit Box Manual. Ensure that all negotiable
instruments, Safe Deposit Box records, and confidential records in
the work area are properly secured each day.
- Balance vault cash, ATM, and branch totals in addition to
monthly teller cash audits. Ensure that vault cash is managed under
dual control to include vault transactions, cash orders/shipments,
audits, and the proper strapping and dating of currency
denominations from teller to Federal Reserve.
- Show empathy and compassion toward customers when assisting
with requests, complaints, research and follow-up on details to
resolve matters to the customer's satisfaction.
- Ensure each teller balances daily, provide assistance to locate
differences, ensure that all differences are properly initialed
and, if required, report to manager immediately.
- Possess a constant awareness of lobby activity to efficiently
and effectively service customers (i.e.) adjust time spent on new
account transactions when additional customers are
- Knowledge of competing bank's products, promotions, and
operations to effectively make recommendations to gain strength
within that market.
- Ensure that dual control policies are known and followed by all
staff members where ever dual control procedures are in
- Authority to open and close branch following proper security
- Authorization to sign official checks and CD's, not to exceed
$50,000 and to complete teller system overrides.
- Make outbound sales calls to current and prospective
- Run a teller window as needed.
- Flexibility with work schedules to accommodate branch staffing
requirements in order to service needs and create a work
environment conducive to teamwork.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or General Education degree (GED); College
- Minimum of two (2) years retail banking experience as a teller
or customer contact/sales position.
- Minimum of one (1) year opening new accounts, sales and
- Previous supervisory and sales experience highly preferred
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to lead and motivate a team and constant involvement in
the bank's referral program.
- Must have excellent judgment/decision making skills, time
management and organizational skills
- Ability to present a professional image and maintain a high
level of personality and confidentiality
- Must have strong communication skills in order to educate staff
on changes in policy or new policies/procedures
- Strong knowledge of daily branch, vault and ATM
- Expected to exercise sound judgment in resolving client and/or
Farmers National Banc Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Education High School (required)
- Sales Experience (required)
- Cash Handling (required)
- Customer Service (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Farmers National, Erie , Universal Banker, Other , Titusville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!