Diesel Mechanic 2nd Shift
Location: North East
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Description:Diesel Mechanic employees are responsible for
providing diagnostic and repair services to the company's tractors
and trailers.Diesel Mechanic Job Description:
- Capable of using all diagnostic equipment and resources.
- Utilizes vehicle's computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Perform service calls on emergency breakdowns.
- Performs comprehensive maintenance and PM on tractors,
trailers, converter dollies, lift gates, light-duty vehicles, and
other company-owned assets.
- Basic knowledge and aptitude to diagnose the cause of most
malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications
including engines, transmissions, clutches, driveline,
differential, steering, suspensions, fuel and ignition systems,
exhaust systems, HVAC systems, lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical, and
- Demonstrates proficiency in the repair and diagnosis (with some
assistance; power trains including differentials, drive shafts,
PTO's and wheel ends; Electrical systems including starters,
alternators; Electronic components including, ECM's, ECU's,
sensors, etc.; Engine items including turbos, fan clutches,
injectors, cooling systems, etc.; Brake systems including ABS,
suspension systems (spring and air)
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 8 Paid holiday days
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Company match 401(k) Retirement SavingsRequirements:Diesel
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience as a heavy equipment diesel
mechanic or technician.
- Experience in refrigeration units, heavy-duty transmissions,
alignment, schematics, and other rebuilds, mechanical and
electrical solutions preferred.
- Class A CDL preferred
- PA State class 7 inspection license preferredPI201182445
Keywords: Wavepoint3pl, Erie , Diesel Mechanic 2nd Shift, Other , North East, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!