CNC Jig Grinder
Company: Ring Precision Components
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The CNC Jig Grinder must monitor the machining process, know
when and be able to adjust the settings as needed per blueprint
dimensions to fabricate parts to specifications. The CNC Jig
Grinder cycle s machine detects malfunctions in machine operations,
such as worn or damaged cutting tools.Essential Functions
- Uphold the company values, vision, and mission.
- Uphold the quality policy.
- Treat others with dignity and respect.
- Follows safety requirements.
- Follow policies and procedures.
- Work area must be customer visit ready at all times.
- Position and secure workpieces on machines, using holding
devices, measuring instruments, hand tools, and hoists.
- Program per model or Blueprint
- Choose the appropriate tool for the application.
- Check dimensions on blueprint to set the appropriate
- Run the first piece, inspect and verify if dimensions are
correct, do corrections on the cutter compensation and length
- They need to be able to address and correct error messages or
mechanical breakdowns on the machine by performing basic machine
maintenance when required.
- Maintain room at specific temperature in order to achieve good
results on sizes.
- Must decide on the type and size of wheel to use for each job
depending on the type of material, the method of holding the work
piece in the machine (set up), along with the selection feeds and
rpm settings to be the most efficient in the machining
- They must decide what adjustments need to be made to location
and size after first piece inspection.
- Read blueprints and work with very close tolerances + or -
- Study blueprints, layouts, sketches, or work orders to assess
workpiece specifications and to determine tooling instructions,
tools and materials needed, and sequences of operations.
- Compute dimensions, tolerances, and angles of workpieces or
machines according to specifications and knowledge of metal
properties and shop mathematics.
- Move controls to set cutting specifications, to position
cutting tools and workpieces in relation to each other, and to
- Replace worn tools, using hand tools, and sharpen dull tools,
using bench grinders.
- Select and install cutting tools and other accessories
according to specifications, using hand tools or power tools.
- Turn valves or pull levers to start and regulate the flow of
coolant or lubricant to work areas.
- Record production output.
- Mount attachments and tools, such as pantographs, engravers, or
routers, to perform other operations, such as drilling or
- Make templates or cutting tools.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Associates or Certification in Machining Technologies preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing facility. Associated
topics: cad, cnc, cnc fabricating, cnc machine, computer aided
design, computer aided manufacturing, machine operator, precision,
precision machining, smt machine
Keywords: Ring Precision Components, Erie , CNC Jig Grinder, Other , Jamestown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!