Mill Equipment Operator
Company: Lignetics Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Type: Full timeShift: Second Shift (Will train on First
Shift)Salary: $17 DOE
** Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.
Mill Operator Description:
- Responsible for operating and adjusting pellet mills.
- Performing QC testing of finished pellets.
- Responsible for testing incoming raw material and mixing
- Responsible for roll changes on pellet mills using overhead
- Perform routine inspections of the process to identify any
issues or problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Inspections and Maintenance:
- Assist dryer operator with keeping pellet moisture between
4-4.5% moisture content by giving feedback to dryer operator.
- Measure and record the Durability, the volume of fines, and
pellet diameter, and perform soak tests on finished pellets to keep
our quality in line with PFI standards.
- Continuously watch for problems troubleshooting equipment
malfunctions, spot fires, and hot bearings.
- Maintain pellet mill feed rates and adjust or change pellet
mill rolls/dies accordingly.
- Maintain a clean work area by clearing piles of sawdust around
the mill room.
- Perform ash tests on the mix as well as the finished pellet and
communicate these to the dryer op.
- Perform visual volumes of the silo's volume and report that to
the dryer op.Requirements: Communication and Teamwork:
- Assisting the Packaging, Loader, and dryer Operators on the
- Collect the shift Operator reports and verify that the
paperwork is complete and accurate-complete daily Shift Summary
- Report and monitor, incidents, accidents, and maintenance
- Lead by example with exemplary attendance, work ethic, positive
attitude, professionalism, and a safety-first mentality.
- Participate in down-day repairs and cleaning of the
- Perform other duties as requiredQualifications/Education:
- A High School diploma or GED is preferred.
- Requires working knowledge of all aspects of the production
- Requires a high degree of technical, and analytical
- Must be able to pass the company forklift certification.
- Must be able to lift to 80 lbs safely, nearly waist-high, and
stand for up to 12 hours per day.
- Requires ability to use catwalks and climb ladders that connect
catwalks up to 30 feet high.
- Requires mechanical and troubleshooting skills to solve pellet
mill maintenance problems.
- Requires the ability to do simple to basic math
- Must be able to work in a high temperature/ humidity area.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.Benefits:
- Annual Bonus.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- 2 weeks paid time off + 2 floating holidays.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (FSA & HSA options).
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability.
- 401(k) with employer match & immediate vesting.
- Employee heating pellet program.
- Lignetics SWAG gear to include an annual pair of work boots &
other PPE.Lignetics, Inc. offers clean, renewable solutions. We
have 30 years of experience innovating eco-friendly essentials for
everyday life. Lignetics manufactures a variety of consumer brands
in several different categories, including wood pellets for home
heating, BBQ pellets for grilling, wood pellets and shavings for
animal bedding, and a wood fiber-based cat litter. Each of our
products has unique features and benefits but is linked with a
wonderful recycled, renewable, sustainable, and carbon-neutral
story. We turn recycled sawdust into value-add, branded consumer
Keywords: Lignetics Inc., Erie , Mill Equipment Operator, Other , Youngsville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!