Security Officer - UPMC Northwest (Multiple Opportunities)
Posted on: January 26, 2023
DescriptionThis position is offering a generous Sign On Bonus of
$1500 for a 2 year commitment.Purpose:Responsible for maintaining a
safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, staff and all
UPMC owned and adjacent properties. Establish a uniformed security
presence by patrolling UPMC hospitals, buildings, grounds and
associated areas to deter criminal activity, document activities,
and contact UPMC Police Officers or other appropriate law
enforcement when necessary. Monitors security, fire, and
environmental alarms. Responds to and resolves problems, disputes
and unusual circumstances as necessary. Provides customer service
to patients, families, visitors and staff to maintain a safe and
secure environment. Document incidents on appropriate reports as
- Staff fixed posts to monitor ingress and egress to secured
- Provides customer service to patients, families, visitors and
staff to maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Inspect incoming and outgoing parcels as necessary to prevent
- Responds to and resolves problems, disputes and unusual
circumstances as necessary.
- Maintain required certifications and licensing
- Assist with traffic control and vehicle assists
- Transport deceased to morgue/release bodies from morgue
- Monitor security, fire, and environmental alarms, respond to
alarms and assist when needed.
- Establish a uniformed security presence by patrolling UPMC
hospitals, buildings, grounds and associated areas to deter
criminal activity, document activities, and contact UPMC Police
Officers or other appropriate law enforcement when necessary.
- Operate UPMC vehicles in accordance with the rules and
regulations of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code
- Conduct patient escorts and stand-by details
- Complete all mandatory training programs per departmental
- Report and document incidents, suspicious activities and
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in Criminal Justice and/or one-year
experience in safety, security, law enforcement, or related field
- High level of integrity required for handling
sensitive/confidential UPMC information. Must possess strong
interpersonal skills, especially the ability to effectively
interact, communicate, and diffuse potential combative situations
with persons from all walks of life.
- Psychological fitness required to deal with stress and
potentially dangerous conflict situations. Physical fitness
requirements to deal with typical physical demands that require
full body motion and physical strength and stamina sufficient to
respond to crisis interventions and medical emergencies.
- Be able to effectively communicate both orally and in written
format. Good interpersonal skills; able to deal with stress and
potentially dangerous conflict situations.
- All applicants will be subject to a thorough background and
criminal record check
- Must be available for all shifts
- Officers are required to wear a bullet proof vest.
- Employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement should
consult the applicable collective bargaining for specific
requirements.Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:-Act 235
with Firearms OR Act 235 without Firearms - All officers hired
without a valid Act 235 must complete the 235 certification within
their first 6 months of hire or placement and have process
completed within 9 months of hire.-Must meet audio and visual
standards outlined in Act 235 at time of hire.-Cardio Pulmonary
Resuscitation certification required within 30 days of hire.-Valid
Driver's License.-Successfully pass UPMC Physical Fitness Standard
prior to hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Driver's License
- UPMC Physical Fitness Standard
- Act 235 without Firearms with renewal
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Disability/VeteranCOVID-19 Vaccination Information
:Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCs COVID
vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer
to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this
page to learn more.REQNUMBER: 2200028Q
Keywords: UPMC, Erie , Security Officer - UPMC Northwest (Multiple Opportunities), Other , Seneca, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!