Behavioral Health Associate- Recovery
Company: French Creek Recovery Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Behavioral Health Associate- Recovery - French Creek Recovery
Center - Meadville, Pennsylvania
The Behavioral Health Associate I serves as an integral part of the
multidisciplinary treatment team and is responsible for monitoring
and reporting of client behaviors; providing continuous client
care, supervision, interaction, and role modeling; assisting in
client data collection, recording, and maintenance; and responding
in crisis situations and medical emergencies as needed.
* Ensures the wellbeing of clients and provides a safe, positive,
supportive, and structured environment. Maintains a constant
awareness and supervision of clients.
* Conducts safety checks, ensuring that supervision is conducted at
intervals in accordance with individualized supervision
* Checks clients for contraband and manages the client's valuables
* Interacts routinely with clients, observes behaviors and
communicates significant observations to supervisor. Promotes
interest in recreational activities.
* Engages with client in activities and interactions designed to
encourage achievement of treatment goals.
* Facilitates client educational-rehabilitative groups which cover
a variety of topics including social skills, coping skills, anger
management and independent living skills.
* May take and record vital signs properly and communicates
significant changes in client's condition to the charge nurse.
* Documents in client records timely, accurately, and
* Applies de-escalation techniques to help manage client's
emotions, behavior and participation in treatment.
* Assists with unit cleaning, organization of new admits charts,
discharge process, filing, etc. Initiates client/employee incident
* Provides transfer or transportation for client or coordinates
transportation with appropriate staff member, as required.
* Provides verbal report/briefing to the oncoming shift.
* Serves as a resource for new clients introducing them to other
clients and staff, explaining programs and encouraging
participation. Orients clients to the activities program,
explaining the benefits of activities.
* Maintains an awareness of client's needs and individual goals
while motivating clients towards activities which are beneficial to
them. Observes clients' interest levels and behaviors.
* Assists with activity planning by offering new activity ideas and
diverse therapeutic recreation program.
* Organizes and sets up the equipment that is used in recreational
activities. Provides clients with activity resources and supplies,
* Enforces safety rules to prevent injury and modifies activities
to suit the needs of specific groups.
* Helps to develop and maintain departmental resources, sharing the
responsibility to monitor equipment and supplies.
Why French Creek Recovery Center?French Creek Recovery Center
offers a comprehensive benefit plan and a competitive salary
commensurate with experience and qualifications. Qualified
candidates should apply by submitting a resume. French Creek
Recovery Center is an EOE.Veterans and military spouses are highly
encouraged to apply. Summit BHC is dedicated to serving Veterans
with specialized programming at our treatment centers across the
country. We recognize and value the unique strengths of the
military community in supporting our mission to serve those who
Job Type: Full-time%6635559%
Keywords: French Creek Recovery Center, Erie , Behavioral Health Associate- Recovery, Other , Meadville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!