Company: American Axle and Manufacturing
Location: Saint Marys
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At AAM, the POWER is in our people. Our global team is made of
dreamers, doers and innovators who are bringing the future faster
by delivering POWER for a safer, brighter and more sustainable
world. As a member of #TeamAAM, you'll get to make a difference on
day one. You'll have the opportunity to grow, embrace challenges,
build your skills and bring your authentic self to work every day,
all while helping to shape the future of mobility for AAM---and the
world. Are you ready to bring the future faster? Join us!Job
Posting TitleCNC OperatorJob Description SummaryOperates CNC
equipment which performs the machining operations such as turning,
boring, facing, milling and threading on powder metal product.Job
- Follows safe operating procedures.
- Maintain 7S standards.
- Performs TPM activities as required.
- Review and follows quality, process and operator
- Perform quality checks as required and accurately records using
Plexus or required method.
- Identifies, contains and generates Discrepant Material Report
(DMR) for any non-conforming material and forwards to the Material
Review Board (MRB)
- Communicates with co-workers from the previous and following
shifts to discuss problems and concerns.
- Insures operation runs at required production rate. - Notifies
Team Leader or equivalent when this does not occur.
- Accurately reports production and scrap using Factivity or
- Actively participates in continuous improvement
- Reads process instructions, quality instructions, and sketches
of part to determine machining to be done, dimensional
specifications, set up, and operating requirements.
- Mount part in chuck.
- Selects and installs preset tooling in tool bars, turrets, or
indexing heads in sequence on process instruction.
- Depresses buttons or toggles and starts machining
- Observes numerical displays on control panel to verify
dimensional adjustments, feed rates, and speeds of machining
- Turns dials and switches to correct machine performance.
- Inspects first run piece and spot checks succeeding pieces for
conformance to specifications according to quality
- Studies shop packet and organizes materials for next run during
program cycles to shorten changeover time.
- Sets tools before positioning them in lathe.
- Sets up and operates other machinery during machining
- Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to
- Stops machine to change cutting tools and setup according to
required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to
- Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct
malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions,
when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Fills vibrator bowls.
- Packs finished parts into containers as specified on process
- Performs final audit checks according to quality
- Moves barrels and pallets as necessary.
- Completes appropriate documentation for lot traceability and
customer requirements and places in appropriate containers.
- Box or band parts for shipment according to process
- Clean machine, tooling, and parts. Performs machine
- Complete other tasks within job classification as
- Assist other employees as directed by the Team Leader and/or
- Required Skills and Education
- EDUCATION:High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
EXPERIENCE:Knowledgeable in the following:
- Know what it takes to have a safe workplace
- TS-16949 Quality Systems Requirements
- ISO-14001 Environmental Management Systems
- Control Plans
- Lock-out Tag-out
- Problem Solving
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to act with limited direction
- Strong listening and communication skillsAbout American Axle &
ManufacturingAs a leading global Tier 1 Automotive and Mobility
Supplier, AAM (NYSE: AXL) designs, engineers and manufactures
Driveline and Metal Forming technologies to support electric,
hybrid and internal combustion vehicles. Headquartered in Detroit
with nearly 80 facilities in 17 countries, AAM is bringing the
future faster for a safer and more sustainable future. We work
together to support our customers on global and regional platforms
with a focus on quality, operational excellence and technology
leadership. With our global footprint, we are committed to building
an equitable and inclusive culture that encourages, supports and
celebrates the unique voices of our diverse workforce. We are AAM.
Move with us, and join #TeamAAM. AAM will not discriminate against
any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race,
color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual
orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or
expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin,
or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative
action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates
are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age,
race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status,
sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity
or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national
origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled
Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified
disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request
assistance or accommodations, please e-mail
TalentAcquisition@aam.com . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
-Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited
resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were
engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any
employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited
resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right
to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to
the submitting employment agency, person or entity.---
Keywords: American Axle and Manufacturing, Erie , CNC Operator, Other , Saint Marys, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!