Youth Support Specialist
Company: Miller Brother Staffing
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Miller Brother Staffing Solutions is looking for a Youth Support
Specialist, for a client based in Meadville Pa.
Job Title: Youth Support Specialist Classification: Full/Part
Provide behavioral and emotional support to at-risk teenagers and
at-risk teen mothers and their infants in a residential
Essential Functions of Position:
1. Counsel at-risk teenagers and at-risk teen mothers in a variety
of areas including coping skills, anger management, and character
2. Facilitate groups with residents that are relevant to the needs
of the program such as parenting skills, independent living skills
and sex education.
3. Coordinate unit day to day routines for residents following the
4. Supervise the residents and infants documenting day to day
routines and behaviors in progress notes.
5. Oversee the care of infants by providing support, positive role
modeling and a nurturing environment
8. Manage resident's medication according to residential policy and
9. Maintain safety by using behavior management techniques
according to policy.
10. Assist with reports, treatment plans and discharge
11. Attend treatment reviews and team meetings on residents.
12. Provide verbal and/or written documentation at court
13. Assure Client/Staff ratio is maintained. Professional
1. Understand and fulfill job duties within the scope of the
2. Adhere to the policies and procedures of the agency.
3. Maintain professional relationships with agency personnel,
medical personnel and outside agencies.
4. Meet with supervisor biweekly for one-on-one supervision.
5. Act as a positive role model for residents by maintaining a
professional demeanor and ethical behavior at all times.
6. Fulfill training requirements as outlined in the Staff
Development policy and as required by the supervisor and/or the
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to multitask while maintaining a positive demeanor
during periods of increased demands on time and attention
3. Possess effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
This includes the ability to converse with residents and families
of various socioeconomic backgrounds in a professional manner.
4. Ability to de-escalate an emotionally charged or potentially
violent situation using the least restrictive method possible.
Required Education, Experience and Clearances:
1. Bachelor's Degree in human services or related field is
preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required.
2. Must be at least 21 years old.
3. Experience working with at-risk teens in a treatment setting is
5. Must possess a valid driver's license.
6. FBI, Child Abuse History, PA State Police, and Driver
Clearances. Other clearances may be required dependent on residency
1. Lifting requirement of less than 30lbs on a regular basis.
2. Ability to actively participate in recreational activities such
as basketball, swimming, volleyball and walking.
3. Ability to operate a motor vehicle to provide transportation for
residents to appointments, home visits, etc.
4. Ability to perform a physical intervention which requires the
strength to grasp, hold and maneuver a resident into various
positions involving standing, sitting, kneeling and laying.
HIPAA Minimum Necessary:
1. All information pertaining to their specific clients.
Keywords: Miller Brother Staffing, Erie , Youth Support Specialist, Other , Meadville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!