Posted on: September 22, 2022
Core Responsibilities: -
- Manages daily production operations within a production
department on multiple shifts or across several departments on a
single shift to ensure activities are carried out within guidelines
of safety, quality and productivity.
- Establish short-term activities directed towards production
continuity such as creating shift schedules, requisitioning of
materials, procuring tooling and tooling changes and equipment
- Coordinates and integrates with other plant functional areas to
ensure support in attainting output goals.
- Directs and executes routine equipment maintenance, machine
setup and recommends machinery upgrades and repairs.
- Assist operators in problem solving, troubleshooting and
suggestions for process improvements.
- Read and analyze work orders, production schedules and other
reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate
current production estimates and outputs.
- Provides training for new employees on work and safety
- Assures production schedules are being met and helps hourly
operators resolve challenges to delivery and quality.
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives and support Zone
Leadership programs in designated areas.
- Develop, coach and mentor team of hourly team members to ensure
the highest level of performance and standards of excellence.
- 5 to 10 years of operations leadership experience in a
high-volume, fast-paced environment with automotive preferred.
- Able to make timely decisions and set priorities with a focus
on customer satisfaction..
- 3+ years of leadership experience. Demonstrated leadership
effectiveness (Emotional Intelligence). Must be an effective change
leader; balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change
ideas in the face of new information.
- Seeks ideas for continuous improvement and change; suggests and
encourages innovative ideas for products and processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and JBA or
other AS-400 based MRP system.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively at all levels
of the organization (both internally and externally).
- Experience with change management, success in influencing,
building commitment and overcoming resistance to drive change
initiatives. Education Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED required. Associate's or bachelor's
degree preferred. Candidate Instructions: To be considered for the
above position, please visit our website onebarnes.com/careers/ . -
Click on Careers, search for the job posting in which you are
interested and submit your resume online. At Barnes, career
development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are
encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and
professional growth to support Barnes business objectives.
Keywords: Barnes, Erie , Production Supervisor, Other , Corry, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!