Cake Decorator + $1000 New Hire Bonus!
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job SummaryOur Cake Decorator is a key player in making sure our
pastries look and taste amazing. In addition to providing
unparalleled guest service, you'll create beautiful and delicious
art for our guests and provide the sweets that will be the hit of
their parties. As a Team Member, you'll be part of a team that
emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by
focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of
the Bakery team, your primary responsibility will be preparing and
decorating the products and cakes in the department to ensure only
the freshest are available. To thrive in this position, you should
be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those
around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an
amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and
have the ability to inspire those around you. You are creative with
cuisine and love to help others foster their own creativity. An
interest in food doesn't quite scratch the surface for you - you're
passionate about the business, the trends and what makes customers
tick. You have culinary vision beyond a simple "what's for dinner?"
and every opportunity to connect with people is an opportunity for
you exchange ideas and learn tricks of the trade. Our Cake
Decorators are the cream of the crop and must ensure that each
guest discovers the pleasure of tasting incredible food and our
passion for providing it at every turn.Job Description
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent; No High
School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Fill tables and cases with cakes by taking product from prep
area to sales area.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock
- Apply merchandising principles that will help to generate sales
as well as WOW the guest.
- Take special orders from guests over the telephone and in
- Maintain quality of product for sale by checking sales area for
dates and condition of product.
- Document and/or record daily known loss.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work,
for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers and
ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for.
Bakery Team Members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge
to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Inspire your fellow Team Members and our guests with a passion
for food and a willingness to go the Extra Mile to provide the best
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food
safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor,
etc. to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Prepare and decorate product for the Bakery cases and displays,
rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed
and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Maintain proper safety and sanitation methods, emergency
procedures, cleanups, steritech, proper lifting and housekeeping to
ensure department standards are met.
- Accurately record special orders on Bakery products to ensure
the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain department procedures, daily setups, order taking,
understanding copyright policies and proper product rotation.
- Constantly stay on top of new product knowledge and procedures,
such as product information by category, special orders, cake
program, portion control, seasonal items and mixing colors.
- Ice and decorate cakes by taking prepared icing and applying to
cake using spatulas and icing bags.
- Prepare icing and products for all cakes and other decorated
items by reading recipes, measuring ingredients, and mixing
- Assist in maintaining Bakery backroom, cooler and freezer
efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Operate department equipment, including mixers, scales,
airbrush gun, knives, cut gloves and personal protective equipment
- Assist in other areas as required.About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc.,
we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant
family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the
heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a
nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to
grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one
of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh,
Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to
our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office
we are working together to put food on shopper's tables' and smiles
on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to
welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle
family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Erie , Cake Decorator + $1000 New Hire Bonus!, Other , Titusville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!