Apprentice Cake Decorator
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job SummaryOur Apprentice Cake Decorator is a key player in
making sure our pastries look and taste amazing. In addition to
providing unparalleled guest service, you'll assist in creating
beautiful and delicious art for our guests and provide the sweets
that will be the hit of their parties. Other main duties include
providing training in all aspects of the Bakery Department
including Clerk functions and Baker functions and focusing on cake
decorating duties for someone with minimal or no retail decorating
experience. To thrive in this position, you should be a team
player. You know that you are only successful when those around you
are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team,
have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the
ability to inspire those around you. You are creative with cuisine
and love to help others foster their own creativity. An interest in
food doesn't quite scratch the surface for you - you're passionate
about the business, the trends and what makes customers tick. You
have culinary vision beyond a simple "what's for dinner?" and every
opportunity to connect with people is an opportunity for you
exchange ideas and learn tricks of the trade. Our Cake Decorators
are the cream of the crop and must ensure that each guest discovers
the pleasure of tasting incredible food and our passion for
providing it at every turn.Job Description
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Learn product knowledge and procedures, such as product
information by category, special orders, cake program, portion
control, seasonal items and mixing colors.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock
- Apply merchandising principles that will help to generate sales
as well as WOW the guest.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work,
for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the
department and ensuring they are able to locate the products they
are looking for. Bakery Team Members are also expected to have
sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions
and make suggestions to customers.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food
safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling
- Prepare and decorate product for the Bakery cases and displays,
rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed
and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Accurately record special orders on Bakery products to ensure
the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor,
etc. to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the
back room, coolers and freezers.
- Maintain proper safety and sanitation methods, emergency
procedures, clean-ups, steritech, proper lifting and housekeeping
to ensure department standards are met.
- Assist in maintaining Bakery backroom, cooler and freezer
efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Maintain department procedures, daily setups, order taking,
understanding copyright policies and proper product rotation.
- Assist in other areas as required.About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc.,
we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant
family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the
heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a
nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to
grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one
of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh,
Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to
our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office
we are working together to put food on shopper's tables' and smiles
on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to
welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle
family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Erie , Apprentice Cake Decorator, Other , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!