Posted on: November 18, 2021
Manufacturing Quality Supervisor
Location: Falconer, NYReports to: Quality ManagerJob ID: 12552
Do you have an eye for detail and driven to succeed as a team
player?SKF needs you!
About The Production Site:SKF Aerospace, a leader in aviation
related bearings, is looking for talented individuals for its
largest factory located in Falconer, NY. Our 400+ employees produce
components and bearings for engine and gearboxes for the Aerospace
industry, as well as industrial & commercial applications.
Our industry leading benefit package includes Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life and Disability insurances; 401(k), paid time off and
holidays. SKF is an equal opportunity employer.
Your Role as a Quality Supervisor for our Falconer, NY
operation:This position reports to the Quality Manager and will be
responsible for all facets of quality support to manufacturing
which includes interpretation, execution & adherence to quality
processes & procedures. The position is also responsible for
managing the development and evaluation of calibration systems that
measure characteristics of objects, substances, or phenomena, such
as length, mass, time, temperature, electric current, pressure,
force, and derived units of physical or chemical measurements.
We currently have new challenges and opportunities
including:Complex changes in aeroengine bearing design and
manufacture.Optimization of our multimillion-dollar Heat Treatment
facility.Implementation of Business Excellence (LEAN) & other flow
- Assist in management of Quality Management System
- Coordination of customer audits, third party audits, internal
- Control of nonconforming material, inspector certifications,
and returned goods.
- Implement corrective action 8-disciplines of problem-solving
- Interface with SKF Group Quality, including QT-13 audits, NCC
reporting, TER database management and maintenance of
- Internal audits
- External Audits
- Corrective Action System
- Initiate Purchase Req for outside service gaging.
- Schedule outside calibration sources.
- Distribute Monthly Unable to Locate gaging report.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in mechanical, industrial, manufacturing
engineering or related field.
- Experience in hardened steel component fabrication
- Competent with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio,
- Proficient in reading and interpreting documents such as
manufacturing prints, operating & maintenance instructions, and
- Technically adept, able to comprehend & articulate well in
mechanical engineering areas.
- Understand and perform work in a safety-oriented
Skills for Success:
- Skilled in Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Must be able to work in a team-based environment.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- Good analytical, problem solving and organization skills- RCFA
skill is a given.
- Strong drive and persistence (full of energy).
About SKF:SKF Aerospace is a first-tier supplier to the global
aviation industry and much more. We design & manufacture complex,
high performance, high-value bearings in steel and advanced
ceramics. Our production group, technologies, & products are at the
heart of aerospace industry and the world's leading aircraft jet
engine & gearbox manufacturers.SKF's vision is built on a
commitment to growth and performance in satisfying our
customers.Our goal is to lead and excel in every market we
We encourage our employees at all levels to recognize their ability
to make a difference!
What You'll Love About SKF:Rest and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust PTO
policy and paid holidays!
Work/Life Balance. A possibility for flexibility and an opportunity
for occasional remote work.
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our
employees. Many options for best in class medical and dental plans
to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric
screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse and
incentives for healthy living!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options!
Participate in our 401K program that boasts a 100% match up to 5%
of your elected contribution (100% Vested). And regardless of your
participation, SKF automatically contributes 5% into your account
per pay period (3 Years Vesting).
Much more! Growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, voluntary
critical illness coverage, voluntary legal plan, employee
assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs,
mobile phone discounts, and with so many benefits to working for
SKF, we could not name them all!
To Learn more about our products we invite you to check out the SKF
Keywords: SKF, Erie , Quality Supervisor, Other , Falconer, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!