Central Sterile Supply Tech
Posted on: September 13, 2021
To perform those duties necessary for the proper decontamination,
cleaning, inspection, assembly, packaging, sterilization, storage,
distribution and documentation of reusable surgical instrumentation
and equipment according to established procedures. Performs other
duties as assigned or required.
- Assesses supplies required for prescribed standard surgical
procedures and sets up case carts. Maintains inventory, collects,
disassembles, inspects, cleans, disinfects and reassembles all
instrument trays patient care equipment.
- Displays awareness of cost containment in the organization of
work by using economy in time, motion and material.
- Conforms and adheres to department policies concerning
decontamination, sterile processing, infection control and
- Prepares and assembles surgical tray and equipment following
established tray listings for issue, storage, or further
- Maintains a working knowledge of, and is able to effectively
troubleshoot, all decontamination/sterilization equipment.
- Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Develops and improves skills through initiative, attendance and
participation at educational programs
- Cleans and decontaminates reusable equipment, instruments, and
supplies, manually and mechanically
- Participates as a team member and is accountable for own work
- Demonstrates UPMC's commitment to the Core Values by
understanding the needs of patients, their families, physicians,
and co-workers and doing what is required the first time, every
time by being responsible, sensitive, accurate, timely, coordinated
- Performs other related duties as assigned by authorized
personnel or as may be required to meet emergency situations
- Monitors, reads, documents, and interprets all parameters for
all types of sterilizers to ensure proper function.
High school Graduate or equivalent.
Six months of healthcare experience or currently enrolled in an
Accredited Surgical Technician/Sterile Processing Program
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Must have or obtain CBSPD or IAHCSMM certification within 18 months
of hire date
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: UPMC, Erie , Central Sterile Supply Tech, Other , Jamestown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!