Licensed Practical Nurse - Outpatient Float Pool
Posted on: July 21, 2021
We are looking for a talented
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to support the RHS Physician Network
float pool. The float pool helps to cover outpatient and
specialty care offices that need additional coverage.
To assist in the delivery of primary health services and nursing
care to individuals and families.
- Assists in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the
nursing care for patients and their families.
- Possesses the ability to obtain and interpret information
considering age specific needs.
- Conducts interviews with patient to answer questions related to
healthcare problems and provides necessary counseling utilizing all
resource persons and materials available.
- Administers medications and vaccines as ordered by attending
physician and keeps abreast of changes in requirements for
immunization, flu vaccines and allergy injections.
- Responsible for sterilization of office equipment and ordering
of stock supplies and keeps appropriate records of same.
- Performs laboratory duties assuring compliance with OSHA and
- Identifies and communicates educational needs of patients to
their physician and does teaching in these areas upon his/her
- Assists physician in patient examination and performs
- Maintains competence through participation in continuing
education and other appropriate learning experiences with necessary
- Demonstrates Hamot's commitment to Service Excellence by
understanding the needs of patients, their families, physicians and
co-workers and doing what is required the first time, every time by
being responsible, sensitive, accurate, timely, coordinated and
- Graduate of an approved Practical Nursing program
- One year clinical experience preferred
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania. CPR required
based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills
demonstration component within 30 days of hire. Must complete
licensure examination within FOUR MONTHS of hire or within one year
of graduation, whichever comes first. Though temporary permits
are valid for one year from the date of graduation, not one year
from issue of permit (or until the results of the examination are
known at which time it becomes null and void), UPMC requires that
GNs take the licensure examination within 4 months of their start
date or they will be terminated or demoted from the GN position, at
the discretion of the BU.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) OR Temporary Practice Permit
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Erie , Licensed Practical Nurse - Outpatient Float Pool, Other , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!