Advanced Patient Care Technician - EMERGENCY Dept.
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Join the UPMC Emergency
Department team by Applying
Northwest is seeking an Advanced Patient Care
Technician to provide the highest level of patient care.
Previously experience is strongly preferred to routinely perform
the UPMC nursing core assistant responsibilities (blood glucose,
weights, vital signs, I&O, specimen collections and Foley care)
AND successfully completed basic arrhythmia class AND
performs at least 4 of the following hospital identified tasks:
phlebotomy, 12 lead EKG, simple dressing, Foley catheter removal,
point of care testing, bladder scan, straight catheter, IV catheter
removal, femoral hemostasis, or IV
SHIFT: Based upon YOUR
- Strictly adheres to all policies
and procedures relative to patient care and hospital related
- Complies with safety policies and
procedures including standard
- Documents in the medical record
according to established procedures.
- Performs assigned work in a timely
and productive manner.
- Transports cardiac monitored
patients within the hospital setting.
insert foley catheters and perform straight catheterization as
instructed by RN.
perform IV insertion, removal and dressing
- Completes department clerical
functions as needed.
- Provides feedback to the RN
regarding patient care and reports changes in patient
- Provides instruction to
patients and their families under the direction of the
- May apply, monitor and remove
patient restraints as per physician or hospital
- Demonstrates the ability to
communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the health
- Demonstrate understanding of
cultural diversity, horizontal violence and impairment in the
- Cares for patients and self by
supporting safety in the
- Develops and maintains productive
working relationships internally and externally by demonstrating
accountability for actions, enthusiasm, motivation and commitment
to patients and colleagues.
- High school diploma or
- If no previous hospital or pre-hospital training,
successful completion of UPMC patient care technician class OR
successful completion of first year of clinical work in a nursing
- Successful completion of basic information system
- Microcomputer experience
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in
- Nursing Student that has completed one clinical
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic or
currently enrolled in an EMT or Paramedic program
- Successful completion of a basic arrhythmia course
and annual competency
- May in the course of their duties be in rooms where
medications are stored or may transport medications when they
Transportation of medication is limited from one
department to anot
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic
and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireACLS
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Erie , Advanced Patient Care Technician - EMERGENCY Dept., Other , Seneca, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!