Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The Registered Nurse assesses human responses and plans,
implements and evaluates nursing care for individuals or families
for whom the nurse is responsible. The Registered Nurse is fully
responsible for all actions as a licensed nurse and is accountable
to patients for the quality of care delivered.
- The registered nurse provides leadership in a professional
- Team player who contributes to building the team by helping
others succeed through role modeling and mentoring.
- Assigns or delegates tasks based on the needs of the patient
and skill level of the RN, LPN or support staff. Assigns duties and
lunches for staff when performing charge role.
- Considers maintenance of a safe environment, patient condition,
complexity of the intervention and predictability of the
- Provides peers with both verbal and written feedback regarding
clinical practice and role performance.
- Shares knowledge and skills with peers and colleagues.
- Willingly accepts mistakes of self and others, creating a
culture in which risk taking is not only safe but expected.
- Participates on interdisciplinary team to evaluate clinical
care or health services.
- Promotes patient safety initiatives (ex: National Patient
- Participates in department specific quality initiatives ( ex:
EBP population specific). Assures appropriate order sets are
- Supervises delegates and evaluates assigned LPN scope of
practice as appropriate.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, evaluate and
implement a patient plan of care according to the individual needs
of the patient as prescribed by physician, nurse and hospital
policy including patient and family.
- Derives culturally and age appropriate expected outcomes
involving the patient, family and other health care providers.
- Analyzes the health status of the individuals and families
comparing the data with the norm, when possible, to determine
patient care needs.
- Assesses patient reports/records change of condition and
notifies physician and/or supervisor and intervenes appropriately
and documents accordingly.
- Accepts assignments in areas other than primary unit, and
performs duties within individualized competency.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous lifelong learning for
self and others.
- Promotes advancement of the profession through participation in
- Seeks both formal and independent learning activities using
current research findings and other evidence to maintain and
develop clinical and professional skills and knowledge.
- Participates in systematic peer review and obtains informal
feedback regarding one’s own practice from patients, peers,
professional colleagues and others. Identifies areas of strength,
as well as, areas in which professional development would be
- Meets time and attendance guidelines per hospital policy.
- Continuously evaluates and assesses patient and family
- Participates I department specific patient satisfaction
- Promotes compassionate communication that is patient and family
- Assesses for and attempts to resolve patient/family
- Utilizes effective time management skills to complete assigned
duties and responsibilities within established work shift.
- Completed RN training program and have PA RN licensure or have
applied for practice permit
- CPR Certification
- Certification in area of specialty
Full Time Registered Nurses with 1-2 years of experience are
eligible for $10,000 sign on bonus
Full Time Registered Nurses with 2+ years of experience are
eligible for $15,000 sign on bonus
Disclaimer: The job description
has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential
duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within
this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees
to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical
and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the
code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have
access to covered information, cardholder data, or other
confidential customer information that must be protected at all
times. In connection with this, all employees must comply
with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of
1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and
Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security
guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy
Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with
the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not
limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules,
and regulations as well as company policies and training
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination
against qualified individuals based on their status as protected
veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit
discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity
or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or
local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative
action to employ and advance in employment individuals without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer
Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible
to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the
accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the
application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please
contact HR Services Online at
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees,
Contractors, and Applicants Notice