Contact Center Specialist I
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Do you have experience handling
inbound calls and scheduling patient appointments? Are you excited
to grow your career in customer service? UPMC Corporate Services is
hiring full-time Contact Center Specialist Is to support its
Scheduling department in Erie at our East Bayfront location. This
role works Monday through Friday, typically 8:30am
A great perk includes work from home options! Work from home is
available after your training is complete, occurring around four to
six months (at the discretion of the supervisor and based on
In this role, you will serve as the first line of contact for the
patient. The Contact Center Specialist I acts as an advocate for
patients by providing guidance, interpretation and education on
scheduling. They provide details regarding their appointment,
including directions, parking information, and required
preparation. They also review, verify, and enter the patients’
demographic and insurance information.
If you are up for the challenge, apply today!
- Answer multi-line telephone system and schedule appointments,
contact or page physicians according to department questionnaires,
protocols and templates.
- Review, verify and enter the patient's demographic and
insurance information to ensure data integrity while answering
multi-line telephone system and schedule appointments with
physicians according to department questionnaires, protocols and
- Demonstrate ability to understand reason for patient visit and
to schedule an appointment with the correct sub-specialist by
obtaining medical information/diagnosis in order to accurately
schedule with specific physician, or specialty.
- Ensure effective, thorough, and accurate documentation of
- Ensure effective communication to patients regarding scheduling
and call details to patients (directions, parking information, and
required preparation for appointment)
- Contact patients to discuss their post-discharge appointment
requirements; follow up and coordinate all appointments for the
patient needs and allow for appropriate scheduling to a specific
physician or specialty.
- Ensure effective communication and call escalation to
appropriate personnel; includes thorough and accurate documentation
of telephone encounter.
- Maintain performance at or above established benchmarks for:
Quality Assurance. Average Call Handling Time, Schedule Adherence
and Telephone Aux usage.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 2 years customer service experience or call center experience
required. OR 1 year health insurance call center and claims
adjustments experience required.
- Detail Oriented.
- Advanced knowledge of health insurance, third party payor
billing requirements, medical terminology and reimbursement
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication
- Competent in MS Office/PC skills.
- Must be able to make appropriate decisions based on the
circumstances as well as established protocols.
- Must have strong interpersonal, organizational, and
communication skills and be able to remain professional and
courteous when dealing with sensitive issues and stressful
Licensure, Certifications, and
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Erie , Contact Center Specialist I, Other , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!