Thank you for considering Jamestown Community College in your
About Jamestown Community College:
Jamestown Community College, a SUNY institution, is a
comprehensive community college with degree granting campuses in
Jamestown and Olean, New York. JCC is an innovative, open access
institution that meets regional education needs by providing
transfer degree programs, career programs, community service,
developmental education, and training programs for business and
industry. Guided by principles that emphasize student success and
continuous improvement, JCC welcomes applications from qualified,
Full-time. Provides Athletic Training services for practices and
games for Jamestown Community Colleges athletics and athletic
- Required to oversee coverage for activities, practices and home
contests, also periodically travel to away contests at the
discretion of the athletic director.
- Responsible for coordinating, scheduling, and providing team
physicals as needed and medical referrals, including maintaining
records and assisting team physician
- Responsible for coordinating and providing identification,
diagnostic, and rehabilitation services with athletic team health
- Responsible for overall condition and operation of Athletic
Training Room and office; including coordinating the maintenance
and certifications of equipment.
- Handles and processes all injury related insurance forms for
- Responsible for appropriate communication with Athletic
Department personnel and coaches.
- Attends appropriate Athletic Department meetings and
- Evaluate & implement new sports medicine techniques & equipment
that would enhance & benefit the athletics program.
- Development and implementation of the Athletic Training budget
in collaboration with the Athletic Director.
- Responsible for hiring & scheduling per diem Certified Athletic
Trainer when needed for special situations.
- Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, and supervision
of Athletic Training student assistants.
- Concussion training for coaching staff and Concussion
evaluations for athletes.
- Review and updates the EAP in accordance with NJCAA and JCC
- Review and Maintain medical and insurance forms to determine
whether each student athlete meets the criteria to
- Be a liaison between the Medical doctor and Athletic Department
- Regular attendance.
Required: Bachelors degree. Must have current: NATABOC
certification, New York State Athletic Training License, First Aid,
CPR, and AED certification. Experience with insurance companies and
referrals. Able to work evenings and weekends.
Preferred: Masters degree. Previous College Athletic Training
experience plus 2-3 years NATABOC certified experience.
Salary: $37,463 - $42,149, commensurate with qualifications and
experience, plus excellent benefits package.
Final candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal
Please note that Jamestown Community College does not sponsor
To be considered for this position, please complete the required
online application and submit the following required documents, by
clicking on the link below:
- Cover letter.
- Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable at application
but official transcripts will be required prior to
- Names and contact information for three professional
You will receive an acknowledgement email from the system for
this position. If you do not receive this confirmation email within
15 minutes of applying, please check your junk/spam folder. You can
also log back in to view your submitted application from the
Applications list. Click on FAQs for more details and step-by-step
Review of applications will commence on immediately and continue
until position is filled.