Community Outreach Lead
Company: Dick's Sporting Goods
Posted on: June 9, 2021
At Public Lands, we exist to celebrate and protect public lands
for all. We believe these national treasures are meant to be
explored, protected and celebrated so they may live on for
generations. With this in mind, we seek to empower the passionate,
to guide the curious and to celebrate the courageous on their
journey to thrive outside. Our mission grounds us in the
communities we serve and drives our commitment to inspire and
enable a diverse community of people to experience the profound
power of the outdoors, either in their backyards or in our nation's
public lands. We are also committed to our unmatched set of
standards for environmental practices.
At the core of our brand is a dedication to provide products and
experiences to any explorer in an effort to grow the number of
people who love and seek to protect our public lands. We are driven
to meet each explorer where they are in their journey, and to do it
with an unapologetic commitment to style, quality and service. Our
retail locations are designed to inspire and fuel a need to get
outside. Our team lives and breathes for their next adventure, no
matter how big or small. We are outdoor humans - connected by a
common passion, shared experiences and style that is all our
The Community Outreach Lead for Public Lands will guide and
implement the use of special events to further the stores goals in
community engagement, guide participation and outdoor stewardship.
The ideal candidate demonstrates the pillars of the public lands
brand - approachable, inclusive and passionate about the outdoors.
In addition, the ideal candidate leads with purpose and is
committed to ensuring an excellent experience for all explorers who
enter our doors. The Community Outreach Lead demonstrates passion
and excitement in planning and coordinating seamless evens that
align with our Public Lands brand mission.
Event Ownership, Scheduling & Coordination Responsibilities
- Supervise the production of multiple events including but not
limited to vendor events, engagement events, marketing activations,
press events, private events, and explorer activations.
- Schedule regular event production meetings with departments,
create and distribute event prospectus and run of show documents to
organize teams and productions.
- Partner with the Community Marketing Manager and other external
vendor teams to ensure all staff are informed of event details and
the potential impacts to explorer, guide and community.
- Manage multiple events simultaneously making adjustments as
required to ensure event success in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain detailed files, notes, records, and systems to ensure
the meeting and event experience meets the guides and explorers
- Verify space requirements set-up with the event owner and
ensure that the event space needed is properly maintained and in
- Enthusiastically encourage guide and explorer
- Serve as the ambassador for the brand by conversing with
explorers, vendors and partners about our brand, mission and
- Prepare promotional items and event results
- Respond to inquiries from the public, generate permits and
All Guides, (our associates), are required to adhere to all
safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs
arise, other tasks may become necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of customer service and/or event coordination
- Established/strong ties to the local community
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Creates a culture that encourages a diverse and inclusive
- Ability to provide clear, constant and confident communication
to explorers and guides
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Flexible availability preferred including nights, weekends and
- Strong work ethic, time management skills and the ability to
prioritize in a fast-paced environment
Public Lands is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to
Inclusion and Diversity.
Keywords: Dick's Sporting Goods, Erie , Community Outreach Lead, Other , Cranberry, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!