Company: Carter's, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Carter's, OshKosh, and Skip Hop stores are conducting interviews
virtually and in-person. Interviews may take place via video and
candidates will be notified of this when scheduling interviews.
The General Manager (GM) leads the vision and business
strategies to achieve sales, productivity and profitability for two
retail store locations. The GM effectively directs and manages all
aspects of each retail store location inclusive of customer
engagement, operational execution, people management, and
merchandising presentation. The GM directs a diverse workforce to
ensure adherence with Company policies and procedures. The GM
consistently abides by and upholds Our Values to create a positive
working environment; Act with Integrity, Exceed Expectations,
Succeed Together, Inspire Innovation, and Invest in People.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
People Management (Develop Effective Teams/Lead through
- Communicates professionally and effectively in all interactions
including management teams, sales associates, customers, business
partners, and vendors.
- Ability to grow leaders through providing direction,
delegation, and follow up with employees in both store
- Fosters a positive work environment for employees and
recognizes performance to increase employee engagement.
- Builds a talent pipeline though networking/recruiting and
develops a succession plan for management positions in both store
- Train, coach, and redirect the store teams and adapts
management style as necessary.
- Accountable to the adherence of safety regulations, policies
and procedures as directed by the Company.
- Sets clear expectations and identifies gaps in performance of
the team and addresses opportunities appropriately.
- Effectively plans/prioritizes their own time between both store
locations to meet the needs of each store.
- Receives feedback with positive intent and makes efforts to
take appropriate action on that feedback.
- Maintains a genuine customer focus on the sales floor by
leading and directing the Leader on Duty program in both store
- Consistently models all brand service standards and coaches
others to ensure consistent execution of those standards.
- Builds customer loyalty through directing and coaching the team
on the benefits of customer participation in the Rewarding Moments
- Trains management team on proper resolutions to customer
concerns and addresses those concerns timely.
- Analyzes Customer feedback to identify areas of opportunity and
implements a strategy for the team to positively impact those
Merchandising and Operational Execution (Manage Measure
- Sets strategic direction on merchandise and operational
execution, ensuring brand standards are met and integrated in both
- Reduce loss through a consistent level of customer service,
education, and operational controls.
- Effectively manages multiple schedules to maximize productivity
to provide an exceptional customer experience while managing
- Analyzes and reacts to assortment level sell thru in both
stores and utilizes reactionary merchandising to drive sales.
- Maintains neat, clean, and organized stores while adhering to
appropriate multi-brand merchandising guidelines.
- Directs and coaches team to ensure the efficient handling of
all merchandise from shipment receipt, processing, visual
placement, and replenishment.
Business Management (Drive for Results)
- Critically analyzes key performance indicators (KPIs) and
identifies behaviors to drive results.
- Ability to understand and communicate business metrics and
trends within each store.
- Partners with peers, business partners and supervisor to
identify brands successes and opportunities.
- Leads store teams to generate sales to exceed Company provided
- Seamlessly leads and integrates an omni-channel experience
ensuring teams are trained on the tools available and the product
inventory through each channel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school degree or GED minimum requirement, BS/BA degree
- Specialty retail strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of retail management experience
- Previous experience leading direct reports
- Experience in managing multiple stores and high unit
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Expertise in store systems and operational controls
- Ability to communicate effectively to customers, team, and
- Ability to lead, direct, and execute multiple tasks
- Proficient computer/ technology skills (Outlook, Excel, Web
- Ability to lift 40 pounds as needed.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time; climb up and
down a ladder.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, and
- Ability to commute between stores on a regular basis.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Availability to meet the needs of the business that may include
days, nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Exempt status; including evenings, weekends, holidays and
occasional overnights. A minimum of two closing shifts a week.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion
of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties
that are not listed in the job description.
Carter's is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any
other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Carter's, Inc., Erie , General Manager, Other , Cranberry, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!