Life skills Worker III
Company: GEO Group Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Facility: ABRAXAS I
Compensation Base: $13.52 an hour - $20.79 an hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): $3,000 Sign on Bonus
Equal Opportunity Employer.
$3,000 Sign on Bonus
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the
operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based
programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide
array of services to include life skills, mental health services,
cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol
treatment, case management services, recreational activities as
well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great
place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma
or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or
advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile
justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a
difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at
Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
The primary function of the Life Skill Worker III is to
implement clinical activities, which support the daily clinical
schedule. In addition, the Life Skill Worker III assists in case
management, monitors various systems in the treatment unit,
supervises clients, monitors and addresses client behavior, and
documents services in clinical files.
- Interacts meaningfully with clients.
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Provides effective people security (headcounts, room checks,
client movement, etc.).
- Processes intakes and screens clients.
- Implements daily activity schedule - structures and coordinates
client activities (i.e. family night, recreation, etc).
- Facilitates and documents various psycho-educational
groups/meetings (i.e. theme groups, D&A Education Seminars,
process and procedure meetings, etc).
- Facilitates the decision making process.
- Aids in mentoring/orientating the LSWII's.
- Supervises self-administration of medication.
- Ensures that the treatment unit has adequate supplies (i.e.
toilet paper, shampoo, cleaning supplies, etc).
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the
Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management
techniques and skills.
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this
- High school diploma or GED and one year of related
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child
clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee's state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with
working extended hours.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24
Keywords: GEO Group Inc., Erie , Life skills Worker III, Other , Marienville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!