Veteran Career Advisor- Erie County
Company: Veterans Leadership Program
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Veterans Leadership Program (VLP) is Western
Pennsylvanias premier Veteran service organization. For nearly 40
years, VLP has operated with a focus on empowering Veterans to
navigate the transitions of life and supports every Veteran in
reaching their fullest potential. With supportive and
service-oriented expertise, VLP serves over 4,000 Veterans annually
through comprehensive programs and partnerships. VLP is the largest
provider of Veteran subsidized housing in Western Pennsylvania,
operates two of the nations most effective employment programs, as
well as holistic wellness and additional supports for Veterans and
VLP is a team comprised of experienced
leadership, support staff, and case managers including Veterans,
National Guard, Army Reserve, family members of Veterans, and
civilian supporters who are deeply committed to assisting any
and every Veteran.
The Veteran Career Advisor under the Department
of Labor's Homeless Veterans' Reintegration Program (HVRP) will
assist Veterans in obtaining competitive employment that
aligns with their skills, experience, interests, and education.
This position will work alongside Veterans experiencing
homelessness and housing instability and provide career
counseling, resume assistance, mock interviews, trainings,
connections with employers, and job leads. The Veteran Career
Advisor will conduct and provide outreach and case
management services to Veterans in Erie and surrounding
Date: July 1, 2021
- Create an individualized employment service plan
for each client, including measurable action items and
- Organize mock interview sessions, resume writing
workshops, and services for Veterans to obtain and maintain
- Tailor Veterans' resumes to highlight their
strengths and experience related to the job
- Conduct outreach throughout Western Pennsylvania
in order to network with employers and expedite a Veteran's
- Represent VLP at a variety of public forums and
community events (federal, state, local, civic, private,
community) and provide information about career services provided
to Veterans by VLP.
- Refer clients for additional supportive services,
including housing, counseling, and supportive services, as
- Conduct enrollment of Veterans into VLPs
employment programs including program agreements and
- Provide supportive service
assistance related to employment to clients, including
vouchers for transportation, clothing, trainings,
- Refer clients to Job Training Programs, related
to Occupations / Industries in Demand & those offered through the
Local Employer & Training Network.
- Provide follow-up services to enhance clients
placement / retention in employment.
- Maintain client confidentiality and adherence to
HIPAA requirements at all times.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely
manner consistent with VLP guidelines and program
Knowledge, Skills and
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priority
- Take initiative and handle a variety of
activities concurrently in fast-paced
- Ability to meet deadlines along with attention to
detail, a must.
- Excellent written and verbal
- Self-directed, flexible with strong
- Presentation skills along with professional
behaviors, attitude and appearance.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of demand-driven approach to employment
services, job development strategies and labor market trends in a
range of occupational fields (professional, skilled, semi-skilled
- Extensive experience in resume
- Ability to support the organizations mission
along with sensitivity of cultural and workplace
- Undergraduate degree in business, human services
or equivalent, preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience in sales,
marketing, recruiting, employment counseling or job development
- FBI, Act 33 and 34 clearances.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Veterans Leadership Program, Erie , Veteran Career Advisor- Erie County, Other , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!