Mortgage Collections Specialist
Company: BSI Financial
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Reports to Collections Supervisor
The Collections Specialist is responsible for borrower outreach
and early intervention of delinquent accounts.
- Collect payments on past due bills
- Reviewing open accounts for collections efforts
- Make outbound collections calls in a professional manner while
keeping and improving customer relations
- Utilize computer systems to handle skip tracing
- Attempt to bring accounts current
- Inform borrower of overdue account and amount currently
- Ensure all customer contact information is correct
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss
with Loss Mitigation agent assigned to the account.
- Provide timely follow up on payment arrangements
- Offer guidance or refer customers to debt counselors
- Follow federal and state laws dealing with debt collection
- Mail correspondence to encourage payment of delinquent
- Achieve daily call goals and phone availability
- Responsible for meeting legal requirements and following
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Time Management
- Clear and Concise professional communication
- Teamwork Orientation
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, photocopiers, and fax machines. Ability to sit for long
periods of time is essential.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday
through Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. with one shift being
11:00 am 8:00 pm; Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm; one Saturday per month
8:00 am- 12:00 pm
Education and Experience
- Customer service experience, preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, &
- Prior experience in debt collection preferred
- Mortgage banking, preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: BSI Financial, Erie , Mortgage Collections Specialist, Other , Titusville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!