Structural Sr. Designer - Retail Engineering
Company: Larson Design Group Inc
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Larson Design Group (LDG) is a growing, employee-owned (ESOP),
Architectural, Engineering, Planning, and Surveying firm with 12
office locations across Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, West Virginia
and Arizona. We are committed to the progress and development of
our company, employees, and community offering growth
opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits package.
The Structural Sr. Designer will apply intermediate to advanced
Retail engineering principles to complete design computations,
prepare written technical reports, design plans, and details. The
Sr. Designer will be expected to do work in an almost completely
autonomous manner and may make significant project decisions based
upon their level of expertise and manager's approval.
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, Photoshop, and other
software programs relative to the discipline to develop technically
accurate, clean, and deliverable drawings.
- Reviews work to ensure accuracy, makes corrections to work from
red lines, and backchecks.
- Writes specifications, reviews submittals, coordinates project
- Coordinates the preparation of advanced multi-discipline
drawing sets as required for the assigned project including
coordination with technical, administrative, and other design
- Promotes, utilizes, and supports quality assurance and quality
control processes to improve the quality of deliverable and reduce
design errors & omissions.
- Researches, reviews, interprets, and understands written design
standards, regulations, code compliance, and permit requirements
and applies them to design projects.
- Independently creates standard details for projects as
- Reviews shop drawings and working drawing submissions from
- Assists with and performs design calculations, calculates
quantities, reviews technical specifications, and prepares cost
- Education: Associates or Bachelor's degree in a Technical
- Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years' job-related
- Must have a strong desire to expand knowledge base and
undertake new responsibilities.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word,
Power Point, Outlook),
- Must also be self-motivated and able to mentor.
Larson Design Group is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
Keywords: Larson Design Group Inc, Erie , Structural Sr. Designer - Retail Engineering, Other , Cranberry, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!