Engineer IV, Software - Big Data
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Engineer IV, Software - Big Data
Omnicell is the world leader in pharmacy robotics, and we're
expanding beyond inventory management into inventory analytics. The
Performance Center tech-enabled service helps hospitals and health
systems understand how meds flow through their business, from the
loading dock to the nurse's glove, and then apply clinical
expertise and advanced machine learning to uncover opportunities to
adjust that flow to improve safety, cost, efficiency, and patient
outcomes. And the next step for us is to help busy clinicians act
on those opportunities by building efficient, industry-leading
To do that, we take terabytes of data from thousands of devices
and translate it to simple, actionable steps our clients can take
to improve their overall performance. This is achieved through a
sleek new microservices architecture primarily composed of Kafka,
Spark, PostgreSQL, .NET Core, and Angular all running in AWS.
- Translate business requirements into effective technology
- Help lead the design, architecture and development of the
Omnicell Data Platform
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production,
production, and post-release patches
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of
various system resources once deployed
- Provide technical leadership to agile teams - onshore and
offshore: Mentor junior engineers and new team members, and apply
technical expertise to challenging programming and design
- Help define the technology roadmap that will support the
product development roadmap
- Continue to improve code quality by tracking, reducing and
avoiding technical debt
- Focus on always putting the customer first.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep development experience of distributed/scalable systems and
high-volume transaction applications, participating in architecting
big data projects
- Hands-on programming experience in Scala, Python, and other
object-oriented programming languages.
- Expert in using Big data technologies like, Apache Kafka,
Apache Spark, Real Time streaming, Structured Streaming, Delta
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Energetic, motivated self-starter that is eager to excel with
excellent inter-personal skills.
- Expert in knowing a balance driving the right architecture but
realizing the realities of having customers and the need to ship
- Bachelor's degree preferred; may consider relevant experience
in lieu of a degree
- 8+ years' experience in software engineering with a degree; 12+
years' experience in software engineering in lieu of a degree
- Experience developing ETL processing flows with MapReduce
technologies like Spark and Hadoop
- Experience developing with ingestion and clustering frameworks
such as Kafka, Zookeeper, YARN
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Master's degree
- Hands-on working experience in cloud infrastructure like AWS.
Able to scale cade and deploy applications in the public cloud
using technologies like AWS, Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML,
- Experience working with healthcare specific data exchange
formats including HL7 and FHIR.
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using
solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or
- Working knowledge of Databricks, Team Foundation Server,
TeamCity, Octopus deploys and DataDog
- Corporate office/lab environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
Keywords: Omnicell, Erie , Engineer IV, Software - Big Data, Other , Cranberry, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!