Company: Presrite Corporation
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Hot Inspector is responsible for determining
in-process compliances to internal and external requirements for
forgings. This position will work closely with multiple personnel
in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
This position requires the individual to verify part prints for
correct revision levels and part numbers to ensure they match setup
files. Must be able to perform first article inspections for the
Forge Shop; perform accurate visual and dimensional inspection of
forgings. Other requirements include, but not limited to, informing
Supervisor and/or Press Operator of any nonconforming parts and/or
condition(s), which may affect conformity or parts. Must be able to
perform hardness evaluation using all equipment.
A candidate for the Hot Inspector Position will need to have
previous experience with reading and interpreting blueprint
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Perform dimensional and visual conformity on hot forgings.
- Adjust settings on temperature measurement system.
- Verify conformity of parts via magnetic particle inspection as
directed by setup file and aid in maintaining the mag
- Setup and size all first piece article forge parts that are
- Tag boxes of nonconforming parts and complete appropriate
- Record all findings from production runs on hot inspection
- Input temperature set points for each job and setup temperature
on Ircon temperature measurement system.
- Input and interpret measurement data to determine if the parts
are in statistical control.
- Fill out scrap tickets as appropriate.
- Basic knowledge of math
- Ability to lift 50lbs safely and correctly
- Previous experience reading and interpreting blueprint
- Basic computer skills to run multiple software applications
such as, Excel, Word, Notes, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Keywords: Presrite Corporation, Erie , Hot Inspector, Other , Jefferson, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!