Senior Software Engineer - Warrendale, PA
Company: Komatsu America Corp
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining,
forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing
value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse
line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies,
regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we
tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and
productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a
myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water,
pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical,
through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H,
Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and
Key Job Responsibilities
- Perform a leadership role in the development of systems,
software architectures, hardware devices, and embedded software
from concept to production that meet design principles and satisfy
established functional requirements for new machine automation,
control, and communication capabilities.
- Identify and evaluate new tools, techniques, and technologies
that advance the state of machine functionality and development
- Analyze the performance of deployed control systems to identify
targeted improvements to functionality, reliability, and resource
- Perform design reviews and test critical aspects of systems as
needed to support team based agile software practices and enforce
compliance with standards and architectural frameworks.
- Complete all aspects of software development for assigned work
items including requirement review, effort estimation, design,
reviews, programming, functional testing, and release.
- Develop software that satisfies programming standards, conforms
to architectural structures and design principles, and meets
- Provide instruction and advice to development team members as
needed to adopt new technologies, maintain legacy software, and
Key Job Responsibilities Continued
- Support version management and development branching policies
- Expertise in the development of many levels and types of
software for real-time embedded and distributed control systems
such as device drivers, interface protocols, system services,
kernel modifications, boot loaders, abstraction layers, network
stacks, operator interfaces, remote controls, operational logic,
automation and sequencing, data logging, on-board diagnostics, and
- Experience or working knowledge of machine autonomy software
including perception, data fusion, mapping, path planning, and deep
- Experience developing or using database systems to perform
support services for control systems such as event logging,
analytics, or interactive HMI functions.
- Experience configuring RTOS kernels and integrating kernels and
BSPs with hardware platforms.
- Support general administrative tasks as required by KMC
personnel management systems.
- Interact professionally with other customers and
- Some domestic and overseas travel is possible.
Software development: 60%
- Process multiple work items per iteration from a prioritized
- Support team based agile methodology by performing peer reviews
Research, system level analysis, and development: 30%
- Participate in architectural design and documentation.
- POC development and analysis.
Administrative activities: 10%
- Basic administrative, KMC policy training, and HR tasks.
- Minimum 4-year College Degree in Software Engineering or
related field required.
- 13+ years' experience developing real-time embedded machine
control software using RTOS and C/C++ required.
- 2+ years' experience with Linux and experience with
- Working knowledge of networking and distributed control
- Familiarity with safety critical system design and industry
- Knowledge of common machine control sensors, actuators, and
other typical control devices required.
- General hands-on experience with engineering tools and
processes associated with hardware development, software
development, integration, embedded systems validation, trouble
shooting, and problem solving is required.
- Familiarity with machine learning and autonomous vehicles is
- Experience developing with MATLAB, Java, and Python
- Experience with database systems and cloud computing is a
- Knowledge of operational excellence / lean six-sigma concepts
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer-focused, with ability to work in a team environment as
well as individually.
- Detail oriented, consistent, motivated self-starter.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline focused work
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Komatsu America Corp, Erie , Senior Software Engineer - Warrendale, PA, Other , Franklin, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!