We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and
drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers.
Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece
of what makes AAM great. We're growing and building #TeamAAM to be
the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
Job Description Summary
Plans, coordinates, evaluates, and executes the activities
involved with the entire operation of specific products including
development, test, product quality, prototype, production, cost,
scheduling and performance. Manages the AAM IPM process, leads and
supports a cross-functional team to assume responsibility for each
critical group of activities in a program plan. Interfaces with all
internal departments working on project to keep up to date on
project status and ensure timely completion of project. Works with
customers to ensure project meets customer requirements for
technical performance and delivery of product. Ensures proper
coordination and communication is followed with the team in all
assigned programs. May seek guidance from senior level managers as
- Selects, negotiates, assigns and leads cross-functional team to
assume responsibility for each critical group of activities in a
- Facilitates team members to develop project cost and timing
charts for key and other objectives to meet customer Advanced
Product Quality Planning (APQP) and IPM requirements.
- Lead and support their respective Product Quality Focus Team
offering technical expertise for their product line.
- Participants in requests for quote meetings.
- Identifies the most efficient process flow.
- Establish priorities among multiple projects under area of
- Present regular updates regarding program plan status to
- Leads / Coordinates team reviews of actual versus planned,
costs and timing of the project.
- Identify and resolve resource deficiencies as they occur and
negotiate for resolution of problem(s).
- Guides program team to meet all profit objectives related to
- Support customer APQP requirements through meetings / visits as
- Provide support / guidance to Launch Team members in the
completion of MLP requirements.
- Designs development changes with customer (before and after
- Supports the Engineering team in assembling the Product
Development Packet (PDP) Packet, developing the material and bill
of materials for their assigned products, and developing the
process controls and instructions.
- Lead the Engineering Team to serve as the technical expert on
their product application.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
- B.S. degree in Engineering / Business or equivalent.
- Program Management Certification desirable or equivalent
project management experience.
- 3 - 5 years experience in position requiring significant
interface with engineering, manufacturing, or customer base.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proficient in team building
and conflict resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) with all
organizational levels regarding program objectives and
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- General understanding of the product / process technology,
markets, and business environment systems.
- Excellent facilitation skills coupled with ability to balance
technical solutions against economic and human factors.
- Proficiency in project planning software (Microsoft Project and
- Normal and continuous attention required to perform the bulk of
- Travel required to customers.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM
to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline and metal
forming technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial
markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier
with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver
efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers.
We've earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through
our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle
components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in
ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the
communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 21,000
associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are
going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader
in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM.
Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for
employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight,
height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or
information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected
veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected
by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants
are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during
employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender,
religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation,
genetic history or information, gender identity or expression,
disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other
characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We
offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals
who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or
accommodations, please e-mail TalentAcquisition@aam.com . AAM is an
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited
resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were
engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any
employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited
resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right
to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to
the submitting employment agency, person or entity.