Are you ready for the next challenge that allows you to follow
your passion? PPG has an outstanding opportunity with the
Commercial Excellence Team! As a Commercial Excellence Manager, you
will be responsible for the tactical planning & execution of the 4
"C"s: Connectivity-Capability-Compensation-Coverage. You will build
a strong focus on establishing relationships with all levels of the
Commercial organization in order to develop the commercial sales
team while influencing strategic recommendations to Business
Connectivity Through Analytics:
- Provide direction and strategy using Pipeline
Measurement/Analytics, Sales Mentorship, Consulting & Leadership,
for Commercial Sales representatives to generate new business and
maintain existing accounts therefore driving sales & profit in a
nominated large market/region via ClientLink.
- Support account planning templates by market utilizing data
that will enable our salespeople to manage their actions and
strategies to achieve their sales goals.
- Support rep scorecards on CONNECTIVITY, CAPABILITY, COVERAGE,
COMPENSATION that managers can utilize to mentor and develop their
- Support and reinforce performance and learning process, tools,
concepts & content of ClientLink CRM to drive, and measure sales
- Support, collaborate and coordinate team strategic planning,
selling, execution & metric support of activities across sales,
operations as well as Cross-Business selling campaigns.
- Support of Commercial Team to improve Net Promoter Score (NPS)
metrics for the Business.
- Drive a new sales training approach to focused subject matter
that will position our sales team to meet key objectives
- Drive focus on on-demand, virtual training opportunities to
scale as quickly as possible and build a library of content
- Execute all training to be aligned with overall Commercial
Excellence team goals & objectives.
- Work with Product Management, Portfolio Management and
Marketing teams to drive relevant content to address proficiency
skill gaps of the commercial team identified via the skills
- Execute Development and Delivery of sales skill training
utilizing MHG sales methodology.
- Execute Field Training to the commercial teams on topics not
limited to Product & Sales to as dictated by Learning & Development
calendar, prescriptive training, and needs to be addressed by
skills gap analysis
- Drive and Support sales tools to help our salespeople meet
- Support CRM Infrastructure Sr. Manager to leverage and focus on
improving the use of ClientLink Metrics, utilizing field best
practices and analytics for building and executing Coaching
- Drive and Own Assessment and deployment frequently requested
- Support onboarding checklist and education plan for all
commercial new hires & promotions.
- Work closely with the Data & Insights team to make
recommendations via the understanding of optimal coverage, market
by market, to include roles, manpower, customer focus, and
geographic representation as well as other identified factors.
- Evaluate current coverage plan and make recommendations with
optimal strategy and work closely with sales leadership and HR to
- Work closely with the Director of Commercial Excellence to make
recommendations to respective Channel leadership on proper sales
rep territory alignment and assignment.
- Work with Director of Commercial Excellence to identify desired
salesperson behaviors to ensure our sales teams are rewarded for
the creation of mutual customer value
- Identify gaps in current plans for consideration in future
plans and drive sales incentive plan understanding across
- Work with HR on Compensation scorecards to drive anomaly
awareness and alignment to leadership.
- Work closely with the Director of Commercial Excellence to make
recommendations to respective Channel leadership & Sr. Leadership
on proper motivation and compensation profiles & plans.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related
- 3 years of proven experience in sales & support.
- A deep understanding of current and emerging market
- Extensive analytical abilities and skills to evaluate and
recommend alternative solutions.
- Ability to lead and effectively participate in teams.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with influential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability
to express sophisticated technical concepts in audience appropriate
- Will be required to complete all Miller Heiman Group training
and complete Certification of MHG PSS training.
Here at PPG, we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the
highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with
the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than
yesterday - everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability, and color, PPG
helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products,
and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces
in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit
www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated, and proactive. We have intimate
knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical
solutions that make a difference.
We are "One PPG" to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to
reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we
differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We
are inclusive, transparent, and respectful. Our feedback is clear
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with
discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We
decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We
always act in the best interest of our company, customers,
shareholders, and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday - everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees.
We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an
environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees,
creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the
ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age,
disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or expression. If you need assistance
to complete your application due to a disability, please email
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage
you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process so
that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the
Pay Transparency poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_
EEO is the Law:
EEO is the Law Supplement: