Production Associate 1
Company: Worthington Industries, Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Worthington Industries is a global metals manufacturer serving
growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy,
agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. If you aren't
familiar with Worthington, you're likely familiar with what we
produce. Here in Jefferson we make heating tanks.
Sounds cool, right? It gets better. We put our people first and
operate under the guiding principle of the Golden Rule- treating
others the way we want to be treated.
If youre still wondering why you should join our team,
heres a quick list of reasons:
- Starting pay $15.00- $17.00based upon experience plus
- We offer $1,500 in sign on bonuses to new employees after 90
- We offer another $1,000 bonus after your first year.
- We have on the job training, so no manufacturing experience is
- You get access to our comprehensive benefits package on day
- We are a profit-sharing company; you see your hard work pay
- Need a haircut? Weve got a barbershop on-site.
- Our pay is competitive; overtime is paid at time and a half and
double time starts after 48 hours.
This role will be responsible for safely operating various
equipment; areas of responsibilitymay include weld line, test line,
or paint line processes. In addition, this role may package/band
product, operate various paint booths and machines, operate
furnances, operate welding equipment,and load/unload material from
machines in a timely and accurate manner. This position requires a
self-starter with a strong work ethic and a desire to perform the
duties to the highest standard.
- May be responsible for basic test line operation.
- May be responsible for basic weld line operation.
- May be responsible for basic paint line operation.
- Ensures areas are supplied with parts and removes finished
skids to warehouse or paint line.
- Packages finished product for shipment.
- Tracks orders and tags.
- Follows bill of material in order to match product with proper
packaging and skidding.
- May perform finishing duties.
- Performs setup of valve and burn off operations.
- Performs multiple tasks to ensure ongoing machine
- Performs miscellaneous tasks throughout plant to ensure safe,
efficient and quality production of materials.
- May perform housekeeping duties within the plant when
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to handle physical, repetitive work and be able to
stand on your feet for 8 hrs a day
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Mechanical aptitude a plus, but not required
- Competent in basic math and computer skills
- Can operate banding tools
- Can read a tape measure
- Must be able to handle small parts
- Must understand and follow the quality policy and
- Ability to recognize quality issues and problems detect
- Must be able to read, comprehend and follow detailed
instructions on productions and understand English
- Must be able to read and understand bill of material and or
- Must be able to distinguish between part numbers and sizes
- Must be able to count and label parts accurately
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures
- Must have good safety awareness and efficiency skills
- Oral and written communication skills including legible
- 0-6 months prior experience
- Required to complete OSHA safety training
High School Diploma or equivalent
Worthington Industries (NYSE:WOR) is a leading
global industrial manufacturing company delivering innovative
solutions to customers that span many industries including
transportation, construction, industrial, agriculture, retail and
energy. Worthington is North Americas premier value-added steel
processor and producer of laser welded products; and a leading
global supplier of pressure cylinders and accessories for
applications such as fuel storage, water systems, outdoor living,
tools and celebrations. The Companys brands, primarily sold in
retail stores, include Coleman, Bernzomatic, Balloon Time, Mag
Torch and Well-X-Trol. Worthingtons WAVE joint venture with
Armstrong is the North American leader in innovative ceiling
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, and founded in
1955, the Company follows a people-first philosophy with earning
money for its shareholders as its first corporate goal.
Relentlessly finding new ways to drive progress and practicing a
shared commitment to transformation, Worthington makes better
solutions possible for customers, employees, shareholders and
Keywords: Worthington Industries, Inc, Erie , Production Associate 1, Other , Jefferson, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!