currently seeking an experienced Software Application Engineer to
work with a leading EPC company with operations in Erie,
Pennsylvania. Our client has a presence in 48 countries worldwide,
with state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and their
own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installations and
subsea construction, as well as providing a wide range of services,
including design, engineering, construction, fabrication and
This position fulfills the purpose of an intermediary software
design engineering position. It includes answerability for
the creation and/or modification of code and for assisting with the
design of software in development of non-complex new products, as
well as, redesign and refinement of existing products under the
supervision of a responsible design engineer. Additional
assignments may include responsibility for work on existing and
legacy products. The degree of independence with which he /
she is permitted to act will gradually be increased according to
ability and length of time in the position.
Responsibilities include ensuring that the product function and
accuracy meet the specified requirements and assisting other
software and electronic engineers on technical issues.
Provides engineering solutions in accordance with Client standards,
procedures, processes, schedules, and budget, with a continuous
concern for quality, targets, and customer satisfaction.
- Work from approved specifications to add features to new or
- Prepare test plans to fully exercise features of products
and/or offerings according to provided specifications.
Execute test plans and evaluate results.
- Review product literature as assigned.
- Provide support on technical issues to company service
personnel as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot problems and issues with products.
- Expand capability with design engineering tools including
learning new tools as assigned.
- Review and improve practices, processes, and
- Strive to continually learn and improve.
- Follow trends in uses of new materials (communication
protocols, software coding techniques, etc.).
- Dialog with other locations regarding
similarities/differences in work, products and offerings, etc.
- Responsible to minimize CNQ (Cost of non-Quality)
- Works independently on standard projects as a reference and
participates in more complex projects under supervision of more
- Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science,
Electrical Engineering, or Electronic Engineering Technology
preferred or equivalent with 2 to 4 years of experience in the
language programming and communications protocols such as TCP,
TCP/IP, HTTP(s), MODBUS, MQTT.
- Knowledge of RTOS, microprocessor software design and
embedded systems programming concepts.
- As this is an intermediate position, an understanding of
FPGAs and CPLDs is considered a plus.
- Familiarity with TeamCenter, SAP and IIoT devices.
- Analytical and logical reasoning.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong technical basis in engineering
- Project management skills
- Presentation and some coaching skills
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Service/Customer oriented
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Good command of the English language