Sr. Manager, Corporate Contracts (Remote)
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Sr. Manager, Corporate Contracts
The Sr. Manager, Corporate Contracts position within the
Omnicell Legal Department will provide contract support for XaaS
and Technology-enabled services, as well as assigned geographical
Divisions. It will also be available to support cross-department
work-load spikes and other short-term issues.
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for
contract negotiation with both internal and external customers and
administration services for assigned proposals and contractual
agreements consistent with Omnicell's business model. As the Senior
Manager, the incumbent will administer and negotiate basic to
complex XaaS and Technology-enabled service agreements and monitor
cost control using established procedures in order to develop and
fulfill the organizations contractual requirements. In addition,
they may manage Contract Managers to oversee the drafting and
negotiation of an array of vendor and sales agreements. The
position will work flexible hours to accommodate business
- Manage and negotiate basic to complex XaaS and
Technology-enabled service agreements, both commercial and
- Advise management of contractual rights and obligations and
provide interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Prepare letter agreements, amendments, statements of work,
review proposal submissions terms and conditions and the like.
- Prepare contracts including coordination with the Legal team
and other stakeholders to manage workflow and ensure contracts are
timely and accurately completed; identify opportunities for process
improvements, and communicate and enforce existing rules for
contracting process; and provide a conduit for resolution of legal
- Understand the operations of internal business partners, and
the strategic goals of the company, and oversee the drafting and
negotiation of legal documents accordingly. Keep
Legal/Sales/Operations/Finance/Management personnel apprised of
legal and regulatory issues and concerns, contract negotiations and
- Work with Contract Managers to identify significant legal
issues in incoming deals, and work with stakeholders to effectively
prioritize contracts for drafting and review. Coordinate workflow,
manage resources, and maximize output of the Contract Manager by
channeling work to appropriate persons and using standard process.
Anticipate problems and initiate action to ensure that contracts
are delivered timely, efficiently, and accurately.
- Develop and maintain an in depth knowledge of XaaS and Advanced
Service operations, contracts, contracting guidelines, and
regulatory requirements. Apply this knowledge appropriately when
drafting and/or negotiating contracts. Negotiate in a diplomatic
manner that protects the company and balances business, financial
and legal objectives.
- Work on complex problems of broad scope where analysis of
situations or information requires an in-depth evaluation of
various factors. Work in collaboration with legal management, and
exercises independent judgment in escalating issues within broadly
defined practices and policies.
- Interface with various internal business units (Finance,
Accounting, Regulatory, Deal Desk, etc.) to ensure contractual
documents are drafted correctly to ensure revenue can be recognized
appropriately and effectively manage relationships with those
internal business units.
- Maintain strong and effective relationships with internal
(e.g., Sales, Advanced Services, Marketing, IT, HR, Engineering,
Manufacturing, Purchasing, Compliance, Finance, Revenue
Recognition) and external clients/customers.
- Inform Management of any potential legal exposure due to a
change in XaaS business practice or other events.
- If applicable, effectively train, manage, and lead Contract
Manager(s); oversee processes and procedures for team to follow;
and perform ongoing Performance Management responsibilities for the
team including: annual/bi-annual goal setting and reviews,
identifying and communicating development opportunities,
participating in leadership and management training, and conducting
team meetings and one-on-ones as needed.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated experience having worked within fast growing XaaS
- Excellently demonstrated written and verbal communication
skills to effectively address all levels of in-house and customer
- Effective interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Strong contracts negotiation skills, including a solid
understanding of common legal and business terms and conditions and
the ability to effectively explain one's position on such terms and
conditions to others.
- Ability to draft contract language to meet unique
- Ability to set and communicate aggressive, achievable
prioritized goals and timelines to Sales regarding the delivery of
- Ability to confront conflicts directly and respectfully.
- Capable of adapting quickly to ever-changing internal and
business policies and procedures.
- Challenge others to do their best as individuals and as team
- Must be able to balance the need for an immediate response but
with accuracy and completeness of information exercising good
judgment to a variety of in-house and customer requests.
- Strong ability to work independently and prioritize workload
using good judgment.
- Strongly demonstrated value-oriented client (both internal and
external) support skills.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines with an understanding of
peak ebbs and flows of position requirements.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor degree with minimum of 8 years of increasingly complex
responsibilities within a XaaS contract functions environment;
- J.D. with minimum of 5 years of increasingly complex
responsibilities within a XaaS contract functions environment
- Experience negotiating "as a Service" type agreements for a
publicly traded company
- Corporate paralegal experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- Sales contract experience
- Healthcare experience
- Remote/Home office option is available
- Office Environment
Pay varies by region. For the state of Colorado only, expected
pay is $108,00 - 139,000 and can vary depending on experience.
Benefitrs can be found on www.omnicellbenefits.com
Keywords: Omnicell, Erie , Sr. Manager, Corporate Contracts (Remote), Other , Cranberry, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!