Engineer IV, Software
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Engineer IV, Software - Applications
The Engineer IV, Software is an experienced professional who
participates in leading, creating and extending Omnicell products.
This person is a highly skilled developer who can apply industry
and corporate best practices to produce quality applications. This
person applies their practical and theoretical knowledge from
Computer Science and previous experience in Healthcare or a related
industry. This person works as part of a team to design and develop
new products as well as maintain Omnicell's current portfolio.
- Collaborate with product management to understand business
requirements and plan products and features
- Work as part of a team to design, develop, test, deploy,
maintain and improve software
- Provide technical leadership for the architecture, design, and
implementation of Omnicell software solutions
- Conduct code reviews for fellow team members, as required
- Create unit tests to help ensure code quality throughout the
application's life cycle
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of
various system resources once deployed
- Continue to improve code quality by tracking, reducing and
avoiding technical debt
- Grow and mentor other engineers
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep experience building web-based applications and RESTful
- Comfortable deploying service oriented and microservices
- Ability to create and deploy event-driven architectures using
messaging systems/service bus with technologies such as Kafka or
Angular, Vue, JQuery)
- Comfortable shipping new features in a SPA environment.
- Experience scaling and deploying applications in the public
cloud using technologies like Azure, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Skill to balance driving the right architecture with the
realities of live customers and the need to ship software.
- Passionate about mentoring junior engineers.
- A can-do attitude and ability to make a positive impact our
- Understands agile and enjoy working in 2-week release
- Ability to always put the customer first.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems
Management OR will consider 12+ years' experience in software
engineering in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- 8+ years' experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of experience building web-based applications
- 2+ Years of experience delivering software in the cloud
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Onshore/Remote environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
Keywords: Omnicell, Erie , Engineer IV, Software, Other , Cranberry, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!