Meat Team Member
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job SummaryOur Meat Cutter Apprentices ensure that our guests
are receiving the best and most delicious products, presented
according to their requirements. In addition to providing
unparalleled guest service and supporting the Meat Lead, you'll
make sure that our offerings and services promote guest loyalty,
and growth and success for the store. As a member of our Meat Team,
your primary responsibility will be to cut meat and other products
for sale and ensure our customers are provided with the freshest
product possible. You'll create and sustain an exemplary customer
service atmosphere to build lifelong relationship by focusing on
understanding and exceeding customer needs. To thrive in this
position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only
successful when those around you are set up for success. You are
eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your
career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience in the field or related
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Education Preferred: High School diploma or equivalent;
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Learn to cut meat to be sold to customers by taking the product
out of the cooler and cutting meat into smaller sizes to be
packaged for sale.
- Learn to make ground meat by putting coarse ground into grinder
then traying meat.
- Accurately record and assist in preparation of special orders
to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Assist in maintaining meat cooler and freezer efficiency by
- Learn all aspects of code dating.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock
- Wrap and maintain meat case.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure guest
- Provide products and services that meet the requirements of
internal and external customers at all times, and abide by the
Company's Guiding Principles, Common Purposes, and Service
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work,
for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the
department and ensuring their orders are filled to meet their
expectations. Meat Team Members are also expected to make
suggestions to our customers to enhance their shopping
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food
knowledge with fellow team members and customers.
- Learn and retain current all work methods put in place.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food
safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor and
sanitation to insure a clean and safe work environment.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which
embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members,
Customers, Vendors, and the Community.About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc.,
we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant
family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the
heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a
nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to
grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one
of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh,
Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to
our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office
we are working together to put food on shopper's tables' and smiles
on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to
welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle
family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Erie , Meat Team Member, Other , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!