Principal Software Engineer
Company: Comcast Corporation
Posted on: February 6, 2024
FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, comprised of FreeWheel Publishers,
FreeWheel Markets, and FreeWheel Advertisers - empowers all
segments of The New TV Ecosystem. We are structured to provide the
full breadth of solutions the advertising industry needs to achieve
their goals. We power the technology, data enablement, and
convergent marketplaces required to ensure buyers and sellers can
transact across all screens, across all data types, and all sales
channels, in order to ensure the ultimate goal - results for
marketers. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago,
London, Paris, Beijing, and across the globe, FreeWheel, A Comcast
Company, stands to advocate for the entire industry through the
FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.Job SummaryResponsible for
planning and designing new software applications. Analyzes, tests
and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the
documentation and software best practices of all development
activities. Trains and mentors both technical and non-technical
personnel. Assists with defining and tracking performance metrics.
Provides guidance and support to other Engineers.Job DescriptionAT
BEESWAX YOU WILL: -
- Use your experience to evolve Beeswax's technical architecture
to support the next generation of scale, extensibility, and
stability. - Think tens of billions of transactions per day,
replicated across hundreds of custom processing flows, up 99.999%
of the time.
- Challenge the status quo, propose a strong vision, and inspire
the teams to innovate.
- Have strong opinions on infrastructure, engineering toolchains,
SDLC, and all the other aspects of consistently producing
high-quality, reliable software.SKILLS YOU WILL NEED:
- Experience designing, delivering, and operating large scale
enterprise software systems. - -Experience in this capacity with
AdTech - specifically Ad Serving, and audience management - is a
- Excellent communication skills. - You will need to demystify
complex technical concepts and explain them simply.
- Experience in leading/designing highly automated CICD pipelines
to deliver highly available, real-time systems.
- A strong sense of craftsmanship with a fundamental pride in
ownership. - -Ability to lead and instill a culture of quality and
precision across the organization.Core Responsibilities
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Designs and oversees new software and web applications,
supports applications under development and customizes current
applications. Develops software update processes for existing
applications. Assists and oversees in the roll-out of software
- Trains and mentors software development engineers on internally
developed software applications and software development best
- Oversees the researching, writing and editing of documentation
and technical requirements, including software designs evaluation
plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations
- Keeps current with technological developments within the
industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and
products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices
relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
provides guidance with regards to practices, procedures and
techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software
- Assists in tracking; provides and evaluates performance
metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification
and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications
fit specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates
systems, subsystems and components.
- Leads project planning, resourcing, requirement analyzing and
defining, detailed designing and deployment of feature or
- Presents and defends architectural, design and technical
choices to internal and external audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.SUCCESSFUL
ENGINEERS AT BEESWAX VALUE: -
- An ethic of service and a belief in putting the customer first
- A powerful sense of pragmatism to figure out what needs to be
done right versus right now. -
- A curiosity about technology and a desire to use it to solve
problems in all sorts of domains. -
- An openness to feedback and more than just the spelling skills
to know that there's no I in "team."
- An appreciation of repeatability, resilience, observability,
and operational simplicity.Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by
applicable law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair
Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance.EducationBachelor's DegreeWhile possessing the
stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants
who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have
extensive related professional experience.Relevant Work
Experience15 Years +Salary:National Pay Range: $128,693.18
USD-$301,624.65 USDComcast intends to offer the selected candidate
base pay within this range, dependent on job-related,
non-discriminatory factors such as experience. The application
window is 30 days from the date job is posted, unless the number of
applicants requires it to close sooner or later.Base pay is one
part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and
recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are
eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan,
while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus.
Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe
that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it
matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most.
That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and
always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your
reality - to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast Corporation, Erie , Principal Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!