Software Engineering Intern
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Company Summary TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader,
specialized in subsea and surface technologies. Our mission: to
enhance the performance of world's energy industry. How we do it:
by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 23 000+
employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an
inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex
technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration
with a truly global team. PURPOSE: This position fulfills the
purpose of an intern level software design engineering position. It
includes limited responsibility for the testing and/or modification
of code for assigned engineering design and development projects
which may include legacy, new and improved products/systems and
analysis of OEM products. Responsibilities include ensuring that
the product function and accuracy meet the specified requirements
as assigned. Participates in engineering solutions as part of a
NMP/PLM projects, in accordance with TechnipFMC standards,
procedures, processes, schedules, and budget, with a continuous
concern for quality, targets, and customer satisfaction. POSITION
- Receive instructions from Design Engineering Management and/or
Responsible Design Engineer as assigned.
- Perform assignments with instruction on specific objectives.
Evaluate, select, and apply standard software design coding
practice, engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria,
utilizing good judgment.
- Prepare test plans to fully exercise features of products
according to provided specifications. Execute test plans and
- Troubleshoot problems and issues with products.
- Expand capability with engineering tools including learning new
tools as assigned.
- The position of Intern in Mechanical Engineering is provided to
allow Engineering Students the opportunity to practice in industry
while assisting in activities within the mechanical development
- Position accountability is based on close supervision and
includes responsibility for accuracy of design and calculations,
success of proposed adaptations and modifications to existing
designs, and follow-up to completion of assigned activities.
- Procedures exist that outline the processes utilized for
product development/design and modification.
- Writes and issues technical specifications and reports related
to own activities within SSE projects and/or operations.
- Assists in the development of design basis for projects and/or
manufacturing operations. REQUIREMENTS:
- Intern must be pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Software
Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronic
Engineering Technology and be at least a second year (Sophomore)
and assembly language programming.
- Knowledge of Python, and communications protocols such as TCP,
TCP/IP, HTTP, MODBUS, MQTT (etc.) is considered a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical and logical reasoning.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Work is performed primarily in an office or lab
- During the course of product witness testing or product testing
there may be exposure to flow test lab conditions where there may
be more significant temperature swings, higher level of noise and
dust, and exposure to petroleum products.
- Basic knowledge in engineering
- Show evidence of good organizational and problem-solving
- Service/Customer oriented
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and project
- Good command of English Learn more about TechnipFMC Learn more
about us and find other open positions at our Career Page. Follow
us on LinkedIn for company updates. "As an equal opportunity
employer TechnipFMC considers only qualified applicants without
regard to color, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender
expression, disability, national origin, veteran or marital
Keywords: TechnipFMC, Erie , Software Engineering Intern, IT / Software / Systems , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!