Night Warehouse Utility - Full-Time $14.00/hr
Company: Curtze Food Service
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Curtze Food Service, a 6th generation family owned company 140
years in business, is seeking highly motivated Warehouse Utility
Employee to work out of Erie, PA location. Position requires
lifting, stacking and the loading or unloading of product at
several stops throughout the day. $14.00/hrGuranteed 40 hours per
week. No lay off's in 140 year company history. Family Owned
- OUTSTANDING health insurance, eye plan, dental insurance,
short-term disability and $35,000 in life insurance ALL available
for ONLY $5 a week for single or family coverage.
- Eligible to participate in 401k on first paycheck with Company
match after 1 year of service.
- $75 per calendar year in safety shoe allowance
- Employee Discount on all products we offer to customers
- Paid Vacation/Holiday/Personal time offeredJob Summary - Under
the limited supervision of the Specialty Steak Service Plant
Managers, the Utility - Specialty Steak Service is responsible for
three major functions: 1.) Accurate merchandise selection, 2.)
transporting to the loading dock, and 3.) truck loading. Must be
able to apply knowledge of driving, stocking, picking and
replenishing skills in maneuvering material handling equipment at
varying speeds in difficult situations: such as heavy traffic,
crowded conditions, wet or slippery floors, or high heights. The
Utility - Specialty Steak Service will perform a variety of
functions as required to maintain optimal workflow.Department:
Specialty Steak ServiceFLSA Status: Non-ExemptDuties and
- Receive printed merchandise labels with information on item
number, location and product description from Managers and Crew
- Organize and review labels for manual adjustments made.
- Accurately select items from meat/meat produce selection
according to description on labels using electrically powered
pallet-jacks which pull carts insuring proper "First In and First
Out" (FIFO) procedures are followed at all times.
- Apply label to each item for easy viewing by loader, checker or
- Transport loaded pallets to dock area for sequential loading on
- Pick correct items for the route you are assigned.
- Weigh and record catch weight as neccessary.
- Select and bag small items as necessary.Truck Loading
- Receive printed load sheets from supervisors or crew leader
with information on cubes, pieces, and number of pallets and
special handling information.
- Collection of selected items for transport dock as needed.
- Loading trucks in stop order for proper unloading.
- Unload backhauls and various items from shuttle
- Fill in positions and areas as necessary.
- Receive backhauls and other late incoming freight and store
- Restock returned items, mis-picked product and fill pick holes
- Perform daily inspection checks of machinery and charge
batteries on machines nightly, following all appropriate safety
- Accurately records pick times and complete incentive sheets as
- Responsible for daily housekeeping tasks as assigned and
cleaning as they work.
- Pass company-administered power material handling training
- Hazardous materials training for all products stored or used by
Curtze Food Service.
- Proper material handling (lifting) training.
- All safety meetings must be attended unless permission to be
absent is authorized by manager or supervisor.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work environment.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Report all accidents involving employee or company property and
equipment.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Equipment
- Demonstrates safe handling of equipment.
- Job entails a high degree of attention to prevent injury to
others as well as company property.
- High degree of attention to pick product accurately.
- Must have the ability to read, write English, and perform
simple mathematical calculations with general mental ability to
handle paperwork documentation related to job duties.
- Must be able to perform basic tasks on a computer
- Professional representation of the company through responsible
warehousing skills, professional appearance, and supervisor
customer service must be adhered to.Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.Physical
- Must be able to remain standing and/or walking for a minimum of
eight hours per day, five days per week.
- Must be able to walk on non-forgiving surfaces such as
concrete, wood, metal, and sometimes on slippery and wet
- Must be able to bend, twist, climb, and move about easily in
- Must be able to lift objects up to and including 80
- Must be able to perform frequent pulling and pushing of
products with or without the aid of material handling
- Must be able to frequently reach for and lift products at waist
level, above shoulder height, or below waist level.
- Must be able to load and unload full trailers of product
weighing as much as legal limits are applicable to the particular
- Must be able to work effectively in all temperature ranges and
subject to ambient weather conditions.
- All applicants hired must complete a strength assessment and
fall within the guidelines established for the position. This job
falls within the M/H - Medium/Heavy Work - exerting 51 to 75 pounds
of force occasionally, and/or 31 to 45 pounds of force frequently,
and/or up to 16 to 23 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
In order to be eligible for employment, applicant assessment
results must meet the minimum BIS Range of 201-225.
Keywords: Curtze Food Service, Erie , Night Warehouse Utility - Full-Time $14.00/hr, Human Resources , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!