Food Service/Cafeteria - Southwestern
Company: Personal Touch Food Service
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Description:Position Highlights:Location Name: SouthwesternRate
of Pay: $13.50/hourHours of Work / Schedule: 8a - 1:30p Monday
through FridayPart Time or Full Time Status: Part TimeDo you love
working in food service but not the late nights, weekends and
holidays? Are you looking for a job at a locally owned company that
works with school hours? Do you want to be home to enjoy dinner
with your family in the evenings?Come join our team at Personal
Touch Food Service!We have immediate openings for multiple food
service positions in many school districts and businesses
throughout Western New York!We offer:
- Flexible schedules - most positions have no nights, weekends or
- School District positions have working hours compatible with
school schedules for working families!
- Benefit eligible positions may chose to participate in Health,
Dental, Vision, 401k, LTD, Life Insurance and Paid Vacation!
- FREE lunch and
of position: Our food service workers are considered a jack of all
trades. They are cross trained to have the ability to work in
various roles within the department including cashing, food prep,
serving and dishwashing. Most often, they assume one of the roles
but can perform the duties (as needed) summarized below:Essential
Duties of the Cashiers, Dish/Pot Washers, Food Prep and
- Responsible for accurately accounting for the collection of
monies in payment of food products and meal plans:
- Verify the amount of money provided in the cash drawer at the
beginning of his/her shift
- Check with Unit/Food Service Manager to determine any menu
specials for the day or any item price changes
- Itemize and ring into the register all food and beverage item
purchased by each customer and ensure accuracy of total
- Receive payment from customer and count change due back to the
- Collect cash or check payments for prepaid lunch programs and
record payments according to procedure
- At some accounts locations, it may be required to count money
and total checks in cash drawer at the end of shiftDish/Pot
- Maintains a clean, sanitary and compliant healthy environment
for food preparation and service.
- Responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of the dish
cleaning machine; monitoring water temperature; and quality of
cleanliness of all kitchen items.
- Responsible for overall operation of dish machine including set
up and break down of all parts
- Wash and properly store all dishes, trays, utensils, cups, and
small equipment for the department
- Set up pot and pan washing, rinsing, and sanitizing sinks; wash
& store pots/pans in proper places in a sanitary manner
- Check the sanitizing sink with test strips provided to ensure
proper solution mix and/or proper sanitizing temperature
- Keeps pot washing supply shelf clean and organized
- Remove all trash from kitchen and dish room and dispose of it
- Sweep and mop floors daily as assigned and assist in floor
cleaning as directed by Manager in other areas
- Maintain a clean and organized dish room area, including
detergent storage area and belt line from dining area
- Keep all lowerators clean, polished and neatly storedFood Prep:
- Contributes to the success of the food service team through
preparing selected cold foods and preparing in advance those food
items and ingredients necessary for the menu items and/or recipes
for the following day.
- Reviews production sheet to ensure a complete understanding of
responsibilities specific to the published meal plan.
- Washes, peels, chops or dices vegetables, fruits, and other
foods as required.
- Slices, grates and portions meat and cheese.
- Prepares a variety of cold foods as specified on the production
sheet, including but not limited to sandwiches and salads using
standardized recipes and ingredient lists.
- Portions food as required for recipes or as ingredients.
- Tastes food prepared to insure proper flavor, texture,
consistency and quality control.
- Ensures that all cold foods are maintained at the proper
- Cleans and sanitizes utensils and work area before and after
- Contributes to the orderly & efficient distribution of prepared
foods as well as creating a positive customer experience.
- Servers are the front-line representatives prepared to answer
questions regarding daily menu items & options availability
- Set up and maintain the food service line from start to finish
including plates, utensils, food, beverage, etc.
- Prepare for food service wearing protective coverings as
required for sanitation
- Ensure that utensils to be used are clean and in good working
- Serve food in accordance with portion requirements
- Clean the food service line intermittently during the service
period as necessary
- Monitor the food supply and keep the cooks aware of anticipated
food supply needs as quantities deplete
- Monitor the quality of the food being serviced; Inform the
cooks of any identified quality issues
- Continually check temperature of hot and cold food during
serving time; Make adjustments as necessary
- Responsible for the proper use of gloves, utensils and portion
- Clean and sanitize serving utensils and work area after each
shiftEssential Duties and Responsibilities of ALL PERSONAL TOUCH
- The philosophy at Personal Touch includes providing all
customers with memorable service. The service provided by every
person at our company touches multiple customers both internally
and externally. All customers must be treated with courtesy and
respect and every effort should be made to ensure customer
satisfaction at all times.
- Effective communication is key to customer service. It is the
employee's responsibility to refrain from profanity, harsh words,
or derogatory/inappropriate comments and communicate in a business
- Personnel at Personal Touch are required to maintain a
professional appearance at all times. This includes good hygiene;
and, dressing in clean, neat, professional clothing or uniforms as
required. Specific food service hygiene and dress code requirements
are addressed separately in the employee manual.
- Employee reliability is key to exceptional customer service.
Productive attendance during your scheduled hours and timeliness
are essential. If unable to work your scheduled shift, reporting
requirements are outlined in the employee manual.
- Continuous learning is a core requirement at Personal Touch. It
is the company's expectation that all employees are open to and
engaged in professional growth opportunities including
cross-training for other positions, teambuilding activities, and
skills training programs offered by the company.
- The health and safety of our employees is of paramount
importance at Personal Touch. Compliance with safety regulations
and reporting all on-the-job accidents and injuries as outlined in
the employee manual is required.
- The health and safety of our customers is also of paramount
importance at Personal Touch. Compliance with health department
regulations, sanitation requirements, and food safety training is
required.. Requirements:Education and/or Knowledge, Skills and
- Knowledge of foodstuffs is essential with some food production
- Must be able to work at a moderate to fast pace
- Must possess basic math skills, ability to handle money
accurately and basic knowledge of cash registers
- Must have reliable transportationWe are an equal opportunity
employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to
veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic information or any other category protected by applicable
federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Personal Touch Food Service, Erie , Food Service/Cafeteria - Southwestern, Hospitality & Tourism , Jamestown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!