Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie
Do you want to do something meaningful in your career? Encompass
Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie is part of one of the Nation
s largest providers of Rehabilitation Services designed to return
patients to leading active and independent lives. Our modern 90,000
square-foot inpatient rehabilitation hospital is situated on the
coast of Lake Erie and offers comprehensive nursing care and
extensive inpatient therapy serving the tri-state areas of
northwestern Pennsylvania, northeastern Ohio, and western New York.
We currently are recognized by the Joint Commission for four
Specialty Disease-Specific Certifications in Stroke, Brain Injury,
Orthopedics, and Parkinson s Disease.
During the past 25 years, through the success of our unique
rehabilitation programs, we've upheld our reputation as a national
leader in rehab. Maintaining our leadership role in rehab takes
more than just quality care and good programs, it takes a dedicated
staff that is committed to each patient achieving the highest
possible outcome with the eventual goal of returning home.
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie is seeking a
The Cook assists in preparing therapeutic and modified diets for
patients as well as preparing meals for employees, visitors and
special functions. The Cook assists in maintaining inventory,
serviceware and sanitary conditions within the department. You will
be part of an industry leading hospital that provides a wide range
of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly
skilled, independent private practice physicians and Encompass
Health therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and
rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access
to the highest quality care. Our guiding principles are comfort,
professionalism and respect extending to our patients and each
If this sounds like something that you would want to become part
of, we welcome your application.
Location: 143 East Second Street, Erie, PA 16507
EXPERIENCE ENCOMPASS HEALTH
Job Code: 100069
License or Certification:
- Food handlers permit (if required by state or county
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Training in food preparation for therapeutic diets, recent
institutional cooking experience and special function cooking
- Knowledge of all A.A.C.C.P. guidelines, preferred.
- Knowledge of food safety guidelines, preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment, convection oven, mixer, steamer, gas
range, grill, oven, microwave, toaster, blender, steam tables,
fryer, food processor, scales, meat slicer
- Ability to sit, stand for long periods, reach, push, pull and
lift minimum of 20 pounds, stoop and kneel
- Ability to grasp and use fine finger movement, feel fine
sensation to discern temperate and texture.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in both writing and verbal
arenas as well as via email.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to ensure sanitation of department
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible
- Hot and cold temperatures extremes
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e. before, during or after a disaster.
- Regular attendance and reporting on time to work is a requirement
Address: 143 East Second Street, Erie 16507
Job ID: 2016103
Keywords: Encompass Health, Erie , Cook (Full-Time), Hospitality & Tourism , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!